1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Lifesize WT (Mounting by yourself)

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by machine gun man, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Has anyone tried this without assistance? Im thinking about giving it a shot. any pointers from experience?

2. BillFromPa

BillFromPa Active Member

Im working on my first life size whitetail right now. So far its not that bad but I could sure use a helper sewing.... :D

3. Richard B

Richard B Well-Known Member

I'm a one man shop so I do all lifesize by myself.
    Two items that I have that really help me out on the large lifesize mounts are a sewing stand like VanDykes sells (a friend of mine is a welder and made me one).
    And a temporary base on casters.
    The sewing stand enables you to position the animal any way you want while sewing.
    When done sewing, you can secure the mount to the temporary base for grooming and final adjustments.
    The casters let me easily move the mount around the shop while it is drying.

4. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

That's an easy oneTry a Cape Buffalo, If I have no help that day then I spend the day sewing on my back.

5. You should have called me Dennis ;D I would have been happy to help! :D

6. Heath Cline

Heath Cline Well-Known Member

Ohio
    Just did a Lifesize whitetail, muledeer & gemsbok by myself. Alot of my lifesize I do have help on but these I did myself. Atleast get/make yourself a cradle, it will make it easier for you.

7. AFWS

AFWS The lost Robertson

That's got to be TOUGH right there :eek: :-\ I've mounted a lifesize whitetail ,wasn't to BAD other than the sewing SUCKS(spent the WHOLE night) ::)