1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

degreasing skulls

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by bpshooter, Aug 30, 2009.

1. bpshooter

bpshooter New Member

i have just started using beetles to clean skulls. i am doing it just asa a hobby and have severals heads lined up. as i read the articles on here concernig degreasing, i was wondering if you could use purple power, greased lightening to clean them.since i am new to this i really need a little help. thanks for all i can get.

2. Lisa M

Lisa M Swing like no one is watching...lol

Since it is a hobby for you, why don't you just try them? If you don't want to use one of your skulls, use a vertibra or a jaw bone...give it a shot...you're sure to learn as you go.

You're new here, 1 post, so I'm going to show you something that'll keep you busy for weeks. They're called the Archives. If you type the words "Degreasing Skulls" in the search box on this site, you will find no less than 14 pages of threads that'll give you an education you didn't know you needed.

Have fun, get something to drink, and read, read, read. ;) Good luck.

3. bpshooter

bpshooter New Member

great thanks alot

4. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Yep. Try "degreasing", "degreasing skulls", degreasing bone". No need to be buying expensive things when cheaper things work well and have passed the test of time and many projects. For more excitement, try searching for "whitening". :)

5. Lisa M

;D Oh sure Sea Wolf...send them into a learning tizzy! LOL ;) Seriously though shooter...there's a wealth of information on this site. It's all there, just waiting for you to come find it. ;) Enjoy your fishing & eat well. :)

6. Trust me when I say this bpshooter, the two ladies who have responded to your posts have a wealth of experience and expertise.

7. Lisa M

HA! Sea Wolf is the one with the experience! I'm mostly just good at telling folks how to go find the dang answers themselves! ;D I figure the whole teach a person to fish thing...;)

But thanks toxic. It sure is fun sharing what little I do know. ;)

8. Thats cool, I have not seen many of your posts since I hang out here the most, but I also did not want to disrespect you...