1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

PRO's and CON's of putting on Deer Contest at Shop?

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by mike welch, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Was thinking of putting on a Deer Contest at my Shop this year,Not a Big Buck Contest but a Drawing, for kids have largest and smallest Deer., but for contest was thinking, If you bring in 8pt deer you get 8 chances at the drawing at end of season. and in Mississippi you can have 3 Bucks per year so if you bring 2nd deer in, and its a 10pt., You get 10 more chances.And so on for the third deer. Have as many winners as I can get prizes and Top 3 get free mounts along with prizes.?
    Any info on y'all contest would be greatly appreciated.

2. bill@hogheaven

[email protected] New Member

I cant think of any Pros, just Cons.

3. mike g

mike g Active Member

The biggest CON is they never work!

4. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

If they don't win, they'll like want their deer back and not get it mounted.

5. Diamondhitch

Diamondhitch I hunt therefore I am.

Plus you better check legality. Some places they are illegal.

6. ed150

ed150 deer city time

7. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

How about,............

How about have a contest for deer, but have sponsors donate stuff (hunting & fishing etc..) but not free taxidermy services.

Kerby...

8. My wife was thinking about puttin one up here, now you guys got me thinkin not

9. Ron B

Ron B Life Sucks.....Then comes the death roll!!!!

Alabama
    I have never put one on myself because just like taxidermy competitoins somebody is always claiming to be robbed (always) and everyone but the winner is pissed at you. I have been the guy who mounts the winning deermany times , but I get paid just the same by the sponsers and they deal with the bull chipotle!!!! My advise is NO WAY!!!!

10. Rick Carter

Rick Carter Administrator

Givaways never worked for me at any time. If someone wants you to mount something they will bring it and pay for it. Givaways are poor advertisements even to the Duck, Turkey, B&C clubs...etc... No one will remember anything about you other than wishing they had gotten something for free. No good deed goes unpunished!