1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

a little info on lip bit and eye tool

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by kycooner, Jan 31, 2007.

1. kycooner

kycooner Set'em Up Josie

where can i find a lip bit for my dremmel tool ,done checked mckenzies and vandykes they don't have em
    and second a eye tool ,around here average deer go from 6 3/4 to 7 1/4 for A meus. would i need the one for medium deer,and mckenzie and vandykes both sell one ,is one better than the other,mckezies is higher ,but i noticed there a little higher on most everything.
    Thanks Ky Cooner

2. oldterryr

oldterryr Terry's in Heaven with no worries at all.

that is one long sentence

3. AS FOR THE LIP BIT, USE A SMALL DRILL BIT IN THE DREMAL, THATS WHAT YOU BASICAILY GET ANY WAYS

4. RJ

RJ New Member

You can just put in a 1/8" drill bit in your dremel and your getting the same thing.

5. I would NOT use a lip bit. Simply push your lip tucking tool into the foam to make the slot. When you tuck your lips the foam will expand some and lock in the skin.

Your other question is being discussed in another thread.

6. Lowe's has a large selection of dremol tool bits and accessory's! ;)

7. Ballinger

Ballinger New Member

I agree the lip tool makes the lip line to large , It's easier to use a small drill bit or fish knife. The tool may work for some but you really have to be careful or you will take out to much foam.