1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Bob Berry's illustrations of rainbows in Breakthrough Magazine

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Cecil, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

When Bob Berry did several illlustrations of rainbow trout and their variations in color and markings in an issue of Breakthrough, did he by any chance do a series on brown trout in the same way? I don't have a complete libary of all of the Breakthrough issues and may have missed it.

I need something to clearly show the difference between summer lucastrine browns and fall color browns in a Kiosk at a local trout lake -- along with rainbows and brooks, and was hoping he had done so. Of course I would ask Larry Bloomquist for premission and give full credit for the illustrations to Bob.

We have a special trophy regulation for browns in this particular lake and some anglers can't tell a summer brown from a summer rainbow. I'm not happy with the photos I'm finding, and although I have pictures of fall browns I don't have any of the silvery summer ones.

2. Cecil
    Is that the In Depth Study of Rainbow Trout Issue 37 pp 52-61 ??

If so there was an In Depth Study of Brook Trout Issue 40 pp 30-35 and
    In Depth Study of Yellowstone Cutthroat Issue 43 pp 70-75

but I don't see any for the Brown, at least I did not see any where I was looking

Gene

3. Frank E. Kotula

Frank E. Kotula master, judge, instructor

As far as I know Cecil no. I go back or way back on Breakthrough.

4. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Thanks all greatly appreciated! I will give you all karma points.