1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

krowtann

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by Andysmith, Sep 4, 2009.

1. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Andy, do you think you're a virgin? Do you think you're the only one who asks stupid questions? Do you think we should make exceptions for every one who's come on here and started just like you. Just look at the number of posts you have on this site and already you've decided what our purpose is here (to serve you) and that we should answer every question even if it HAS been answered thousands of times before because the person asking it didn't bother to read the introduction to the site. So as far as responding "crappy", IN MY OPINION, it's YOU! The operative word in your lamentations was "HELP". You'll find us among the most generous of artisan on the planet. Otherwise, Ken would charge you to join and we'd charge you for all the information we give away FREE here. None of us OWE you or anyone else here anything, but HELP you I gladly will. The HELP means you're making some effort on your own and you came up with two questions which are the basic tenant of all taxidermy issues. Tom King is the Krowtann fairy and he makes sure his magic dust is always there to protect it from anyone who'd speak ill of it. I can guarantee you, that if you hadn't titled your post "krowtann", he likely would have missed it completely. But it WASN'T EVEN ABOUT KROWTANN, it was about salt. If you'd have followed my advise and type "salt" into the SEARCH block, you'd have seen there are a total of 176 PAGES of information about "salt". With about 30 entries and links per page, that means that there are nearly 5280 THREADS of information on SALT. So how many of those do you expect me to transcribe just for you???

2. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

I love coming to the tanning section. People get all pissed off in the other forums and come here to vent.
    It should be called the UFTC, United Fighting Tanners Championship :D

In THIS CORNER............... :D :D

3. trapperr

trapperr New Member

Andysmith Welcome To The Taxidermy Net ......................

4. Andysmith

Andysmith Member

LOL at redwolf... and thanks trapper

5. TD

TD My GGG Grandfather John "Tanner John" King b 1820

Whining= Crying
    I don't Whine and I don't cry........I just simply call an Ahole a Ahole..............
    It wouldn't have mattered what the subject was about,I would have still responded the same.........KT or whatever........
    It is funny how you attack the people using KT but if the question had of been pertaining to JRTS then your manner would have been nicer.........
    George you should start your on web site and name it Taxidermygeorge.net...........then you would truly rule it lol............

6. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

And In THIS CORNER............... ;D

7. AFWS

AFWS The lost Robertson

and George is the WINNER ;D Congrats George, we knew you beat em from the START ::)

8. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

No Tom, you STILL don't get it do you. You're one of those guys who's spent a lifetime blowing roses up everyone's ass and you think everyone should be just like you. I don't run a "school" and the products I use are simply my PREFERENCE. That's no endorsement of their being better as I know many more talented people than I who would think of using what I do. Yet with you, that's not the case. People like you have been the cause of the condition of this country today. Stupid is supposed to hurt because when it doesn't, more stupidity is the normal progression. I wouldn't dream of walking into your house and the first words out of my mouth being, "Where's the bathroom." There are SOME things that need to be taken care of BEFORE you show up. When this post is all fleshed out, I will guarantee you that "Andy" will remember exactly what I told him and all he'll remember about you is that you "stood up for him". I'm sure that will serve him well in years to come since he'll never have to bother learning anything, just ask you. Now that's oversimplication (even for you) and insulting to Andy (which is NOT my intention) but the fact remains that LESSONS NEED TO BE LEARNED AND NOT GIVEN WITH THE IDEA THEY'RE "OWED". You actually get PAID to give guys like him what you know while I've never, in over 50 years taken one red cent for what I've taught. The price I charge is that if you learn ANYTHING from me, you'll pass it along in the same vein it was given to you. I gave Andy sources of information, you tried to answer his question and still screwed it up. How much was that worth? Go back to your house and stop trying to play kindergarten cop.

9. TD

Im sure George would win in a TANNING contest lol.........
    Because after all he is an expert.........

10. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

No winner yet bud. I have my popcorn right here ;D

11. TD

George, I give out plenty of free advise......
    The difference between mine and yours is I keep it open minded and not "My way is the only way".........You like to type yours out and I like to give mine Verbal........
    Always going on about Thick and Thin skin but yet when the argument goes against you then you get your panties in a wad..........

12. bill@hogheaven

[email protected] New Member

Verbal responses do give you deniability.

13. TD

I see you broke the Dictionary out again Bill............
    How long it take you to find that one lol............

14. TD

From A-D ..........Hmmmm............Thats allot a words to look at..............good thing you found one before S or T............

15. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

I always love post like this. Welcome to the forums Andy. I have one OK maybe two thing for you on this subject and thats it. Just ask yourself this one question, If this krowtan stuff was or is so good why don't the commercial tanneries use it? I mean if it is quick, dependable and so easy to use and produces a Quality product why don't they use it? Seems it is something they all would want since it is so great? ::) I will tell you this to, I do think that Brian has the best looking coyote forms on the market. Enjoy and there truly is enough info in the archives that I promise you will learn something there as well. Good Luck. Dan

16. bill@hogheaven

[email protected] New Member

Why dont you count the words Tom? keep yourself entertained.

17. AFWS

AFWS The lost Robertson

Or read EVERYBODY'S name in the phone book ;D my brother did that once hadn't figured out why yet :-\

18. TD

I will tell you this Dan.............We are Taxidermist and not professional Tanners.........
    If we try to tan like the Pro,s..........most of the time We are going to loose specimens...
    I know because Ive been there..........
    If you don't send your stuff out to a tannery then you need a product that works the best for you.........
    I use Krowtan..........George uses JRTS..........
    Iv'e tryed to tan "by the book"...........and I would still loose capes.........
    That's just my opinion.........
    GL

19. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

AHA!! There's the problem ;)

20. AFWS

AFWS The lost Robertson

Where did George go ??? He didn't EXPLAIN what a "REAL" tan was :p I'm all for whatever works "BEST" for you ;D