1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Ducks of the Year...Year 2009

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by jsbirds, Sep 5, 2009.

1. jsbirds

jsbirds I think I can, I think I can...

Just like Pat asked. here it is. Put all the ducks and the pics here. Hopefully well have a good year.

2. ok

here is the result from today
    3 mallards and 1 teal ...and a nice hunting day
    [​IMG]

3. RDA

RDA Active Member

Milo,,, check your pm's.... :D ;)

4. NWWINGS

NWWINGS Member

I only have one blurry wet cell phone pic from an hour out this morning so far. I'm going back out this afternoon. Hopefully I'll get in a better spot with a little less rain. It was miserable this morning. I can't remember a September goose hunt that wasn't hot and sunny. I only decoyed a pair and blew the chance at a double. Oh well... getting used to the new double barrel is going to be like that I guess. I've always shot a pump until now.

[​IMG]

5. Not exactly ducks but ducks haven't opened up here yet.

A limit of Blues

[​IMG]

Avery and her first retrieve

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and a Bandtail

[​IMG]

6. NWWINGS

NWWINGS Member

Cool pics Jordan!

I went back out to an afternoon spot on the local lake. Some geese were already there. That wasn't good for my plan. The other geese that flew were nowhere near me and were all headed off the lake to feed somewhere. No luck, but that's how it goes.

7. JohnB

JohnB Member

Opening morning in Alberta. 27 geese, 9 ducks, 1 spec.

Evening hunt we got 18 duck, 3 geese and 4 specs.

Attached Files:

8. Sea Duck

Sea Duck New Member

I was afraid this thread was going to start, I still have 32 days before our season opens. I don't know how I'm going to make it.
    Good luck everyone, be safe,
    Dan

9. NWWINGS

NWWINGS Member

Well... attempt three in the early honker season is complete. I am really not doing it right. I'm getting out for an hour or so after other chores are done and around work schedule. Hahaha.... oh well... it isn't the REAL season yet anyway.... ::) Here is a double from this afternoon. The last half hour of shooting time can be good at times.

Blurry cell phone pic again:
    [​IMG]

10. If anyone drops a decent hen shoveler this year that they aren't real attached to and would like to gift it please drop me a PM or email. She wouldn't need to be perfect as I only need to make a study skin, just as long as she's not beat up too bad. I'd be happy to do a watercolor painting like this as a thank you gift. :)

Wonderful photos so far! Makes me wish I could hunt waterfowl!

11. idbatman

idbatman Active Member

Just getting started ! My son-in-law and his first crane. Grain harvest is a little behind so its been a little slow. Jay

Attached Files:

12. Hoss0902

Hoss0902 I drink to make other people seem more interesting

What A Carolina Fan???

13. A nice red shirt would look a lot better! Go Pack! Keep up the pics. It's a long time till duck season here in SC.

14. Hoss0902

Hoss0902 I drink to make other people seem more interesting

Yes wolfpack red HHHHHHOOOOOOOWWWWWLLLLL...lol

15. idbatman

idbatman Active Member

Its getting better , still 4 more days. And for you who cant tell I'm the good looking one in the middle! ::) ::)

Attached Files:

16. nice results guys ;)
    here is the result from today , but it could be even better :-\
    [​IMG]

17. vincer

vincer New Member

Early goose season Ontario,Canada style 23 Canadas

Attached Files:

18. Wayne Dibbley

Wayne Dibbley New Member

Eh Vince,

Good pulling the 1-87 with you and Rob, look forward to getting out to your ship this year.

Here's a pic from our hunt west of you guys the day of your pic above.

[​IMG]

All the best,

Wayne Dibbley
    www.retrievercoach.com

19. idbatman

idbatman Active Member

Ok guys , Crane number 2 of the season. Could have shot 50 this morning,and 3000 geese, they are finally hitting the fields good. Also seen with BIG BIRD faithful decoy of several years( he's starting to show a little use ::)). You have to love this time of year. Chicken season starts Saturday. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Attached Files:

20. drakeman

drakeman Active Member

Wish I had pics of the two teal we killed this a.m. Actually we saw more alligators than teal. Slow morning. Nothing like getting to your spot and looking around with headlamps and counting the gators and using both hands to add them up.