1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Ducks of the Year...Year 2009

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by jsbirds, Sep 5, 2009.

1. NWWINGS

NWWINGS Member

Sorry phutch30... This post isn't going to bug you too bad though. Its only three mallards and one's brown :D. Got all three with one shot though :eek: ;D. Made me happy. Then I missed the next couple shots I had :D. Duck season is over at sundown on Sunday here, but I still have a couple late goose seasons to look forward to.

[​IMG]

2. Heres some GREEN from today.

[​IMG]

3. jeremy

jeremy Have you hugged your snake today!

Had a unexpected change of plans and got out one more time for the closer with some buddies. Had a fun day but should have more down....oh well there is always next season...LOL

[​IMG]

4. SteveP

SteveP New Member

Pat, Jordan, and Jeremy, nice pictures and pretty birds. Glad to see you are all getting some success all the way to the end of your seasons.

5. BMan40

BMan40 New Member

A few hunts from California
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. NWWINGS

NWWINGS Member

I couldn't hunt this morning. I agreed to drive north to meet a guy with a Harlequin he wanted me to mount. It was bugging me a little that I wasn't going to get out for the last day. I missed the first day of duck season, so I really wanted to get out on the last day at least for a little while. I rushed home and made it out to the edge of the lake for the final 45 minutes of shooting light. It was nice walking alone on the lake bed surrounded by scattered potholes and streams as the sunlight was fading. I saw ducks and geese flying in the distance. I jumped a few of the puddles, shot five greenwing teal, and stood to watch the sun finally disappear behind the trees back in the direction of my house. It felt good to watch the season come to a close. Mallards are pairing up. It won't be long until the birds are all set to start nesting and renewing the cycle. Looking forward to many more seasons...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. mark11

mark11 now accepting new wholesale clients

it is sad to see it end, but seeing it end lets us know we made it through another season safe and sound. beautiful birds

8. SteveP

SteveP New Member

Mark, excellent point, but it's going to be hard to wait almost a year to see more of Pat's artistic hunting photos. ;)

Thanks for sharing everybody!

9. Glass eye

Glass eye Active Member

On saturday I spent sunrise to sunset in my kayak. I had lots of birds around me but few gave me any shots.
    At sunset I called my wife to bring our lab over to me. I had crippled a cinnamon and couldn't find it, although I had marked the spot. My dog "Canela" found the "pato canela"

Attached Files:

10. Glass eye

Glass eye Active Member

On sunday, our last day of the season here, my parting shot was a woody. No big deal in some regions, but in the desert it's a rare bird.

Attached Files:

11. NWWINGS

NWWINGS Member

Glass eye- It certainly is a rare bird down there. You couldn't have gotten one at a better time of the year either. Congrats!

SteveP - Thanks for the comment about my attempts at photos. I'm hopefully going to be able to contribute a few more before the goose seasons close for good. We'll see if I get lucky a time or two.

12. hube06

hube06 New Member

Beautiful pic waterfowler...."cut 'em deep"

13. spikebuck

spikebuck New Member

I already miss seeing this post come to the top. I look for it every time I hit "Show new replies to your posts."

14. AOTaxi

AOTaxi She's a keeper!

Well, 3 weeks into the depression of season being over, I went to one of my spots to take a look now that the weather has moved things in a bit.....low and behold the common golden eye, Ringneck, and Ruddy are there by the dozens, a few mallards.............and one lone absolutely beautiful, big bull sprig pinntail...... if only!!!!
    I am going back there tomorrow to shoot him........

......with the camera, wish me luck! ;)
    AO

15. mark11

mark11 now accepting new wholesale clients

post pictures any fix is better than none at all

16. SteveP

SteveP New Member

Good one AO! Ya got me! I just so happened to scroll the page down only to "...shoot him..." as I was reading. First thought was, "What the heck, that's ballsy". :D

17. NWWINGS

NWWINGS Member

I read it the same way. Got me too :D :D

There are mallards everywhere... in all the fields I like to hunt now. Hundreds out there. Its strange to see so many around these parts without having more pintails or wigeon mixed in. Now that the season's closed there's finally potential for an all greenhead limit ???

18. spikebuck

spikebuck New Member

I saw a tank the other day with nothing but wigeon. Now I am also seeing alot of pintails.

19. Heres some from the last couple of days.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]