1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Ducks of the Year...Year 2009

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by jsbirds, Sep 5, 2009.

1. hube06

hube06 New Member

2. NWWINGS

NWWINGS Member

Goose season started again here in the permit zone yesterday. I got out today and I have to say it really is a "super sunday." :D Three honkers and a cackler wearing a leg band. Now I have to hurry to the store for snacks and drinks to have while we watch the game.
    [​IMG]

3. Us GA boys dont have many ducks and goosils but heres a pile for a last day hunt

Attached Files:

4. mkinna1

mkinna1 New Member

That is a pile for GA!!

5. We went up to Willows, Ca for one last goose hunt this year. I got my first band, a neck banded Ross's goose. I am mounting him and a nice Tule goose I got as well.

[​IMG]

6. NWWINGS

NWWINGS Member

One dark goose shy of a limit this morning. Two cacklers and one very nice taverner...
    [​IMG]

7. NWWINGS

NWWINGS Member

Just more geese... Anybody else have any seasons going on still???

[​IMG]

8. Hoss0902

Hoss0902 I drink to make other people seem more interesting

Pat your killing me here.:D

Our dark geese season is over with, but our light geese season will still be going on to March 10.
    I have ever hunted light geese.

I really like that wittle one.

9. NWWINGS

NWWINGS Member

Thanks Hoss. Get out there and kill those white birds! I'd like to see some of the spring snow pictures show up on this thread. Its become dull and I'm certainly not ready to let go of all the waterfowl seasons just yet... :'( :-\

10. Tork

Tork Save the Tundra - "Kill Whitey"

Here's a few highlights from my guiding season in the fall in norhtern Alberta.
    One of our larger hunts, we had 10 hunters harvest their limit of 80 mallards/pintails in 45 minutes.
    There is a beautifully pin-feathered early season drake Barrows Goldeneye with a radio transmitter and a few ducks on one of the roost ponds. I actually hunted the pea field adjacent to the duck pond 12 times before the ducks fed the field out

Attached Files:

11. Tork

a few more

Attached Files:

12. Tork

some more from Alberta

Attached Files:

13. Tork

geese in the rain

Attached Files:

14. Tork

snow birds

Attached Files:

15. Hoss0902

Hoss0902 I drink to make other people seem more interesting

Pat I would, but our population here is very small compared to out west. No one really guides for them here.

16. a verry rare trophy around here, thou it might be very common in other parts
    [​IMG]

and something common here, there, everywhere
    [​IMG]

17. NWWINGS

NWWINGS Member

Very nice series of photos Tork and Milo that's a nice goldeneye. That's a bummer you don't have the opportunity to go after the late season white geese Hoss. You kind of made up for it though with that huge trophy swan earlier. Here are three more dark geese for me. I ended up working way harder than I should have had to yesterday to get these geese. I had what should have been a perfect spot, but it just turned out to be one of those days... Oh well...still not bad.

[​IMG]

18. bulldawg

bulldawg Member

Pat dont you ever work???? ;) ;D

19. NWWINGS

NWWINGS Member

After taking care of my kids and hunting there just isn't enough time left to work :p :D :D

20. Pat- your a horrible, horrible person to keep posting current hunting pics