1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Questions about chemicals and odor and proper disposal

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Blane, Sep 6, 2009.

1. Blane

Blane New Member

Can someone tell me how and whats the best way legally to dispose of saftee acid, once I bring it back to a ph of 7? Secondly does anyone know if its illegal to emacipate askull in a tub in my own back yard ? I know that a stupid question, but I live on an agricultural piece of property and I want to place the tub in the back of my yard, but I know my neighbor is going to raise sand eventually when that funk smell takes place. I am wondering if there is any type law pertaining to odor; althought there are no chemicals in the tub, the funk it bad......Please elaborate if you know of anything. Thanks

2. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

The safetee acid can be dumped down the drain or dumped on a bark mulched flower bed after it has been neutralized. It will kill the weeds.
    As for the skulls, I wouldn't be able to have them in my back yard because the neighbors would complain. I live in the city, but it depends on how your neighbors are.
    But if they don't like it, you might get in trouble.

3. If I remember correctly Saftee Acid decomposes into nitrogen. So as Redwolf recomended if you put it on the weeds, without neutrelizing, in the mulch in your flower garden you will kill the weeds and fertelize your flowers at the same time. About the smell of the skulls ?????, neighbors are neighbors everywhere you go. I'm not sure about the legallity of it all, but would you want your neighbor stinking you out? Just a thought. The only thing that comes to mind for me is to contact your township authority and ask them.

4. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

I have herd people say it will "fertilize" but in all reality the salt will mess up the pH in your soil and do just the opposite.

5. AFWS

AFWS The lost Robertson

Looks like one for MYTHBUSTERS ;D

6. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

There's no "myth" about it. Salt messes up lawns by changing the pH. It's not a myth, it's a fact ;)

7. Sorry, that's true. Didn't think about the salt factor

8. Bobbi Meyer

Bobbi Meyer I luv to ride my tricycle, I luv to ride my trike

I neutralize the acid and haul the tub out to the storm drain. The salt keeps the grass from growing in my ditch.