1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

PLEASE CRITIQUE FIRST COYOTE AND BASE

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by MEDICMARIO, Jan 31, 2007.

1. MEDICMARIO

MEDICMARIO New Member

HERE IS MY FIRST COYOTE AND HOME MADE BASE

2. jerryw

jerryw New Member

It looks good, but I think the eye could be closed alittle more, but it may just be the picture.

3. The eye looks too open and not at the correct angle. Try not to use the black on the lip line an the nose. Use a warm tone of black on the nose and some flesh tones on the lip line. The hair pattern on the back is all out of shape. I also think the left rear leg hair patter is not right. Reference reference reference.

I will say a decent mount for your first.

4. tschuppan

tschuppan New Member

More references

5. MEDICMARIO

MEDICMARIO New Member

THANKS FOR THE ADVISE , I SEE WHAT U MEAN. MY PROBLEM WITH HAIR PATTERN WAS THAT THERE WAS 3 HUGE HOLES IN THE HIDE FROM GUNSHOT AND I DIDNT ALLOW FOR THAT

6. hidvalltax

hidvalltax Dont travel faster than your guardian angel can go

Eyes are open to wide, ears are not laid back enough

7. michelle127

michelle127 Michelle and Ron Ream-Life Mbr - NRA,NAHC,DAV, VFW

If he is howling his mouth should not be opened as much.

8. Jan Van Hoesen

Jan Van Hoesen New Member

Eyes should at least half close. The teeth on the upper jaw do not show in a howling coyote so you didn't put the jaw set deep enough into the head. The mouth opens and shuts as a coyote "howls". They actually yip and don't howl like a wolf or dog. So their mouth may be open any amount but it would look better a bit more closed. I howl with my pet coyotes all the time. They love a good family howl. Our dog joins in too. Find as many photos of coyotes howling you can and use them as reference before you do another howling mount.
    Jan

9. MEDICMARIO.

MEDICMARIO. Guest

HOW CAN I CLOSE THE MOUTH MORE ...FORM AND JAWSET CAME THAT WAY,,,,,IM NEW AT THIS SO I ASK QUESTIONS,,,,,,,THANX

10. Mike Powell

Mike Powell Well-Known Member

I don't think the mouth is as big an issue as the eyes, lips and ears as has already been mentioned howling yotes do have the mouth open pretty wide at least during part of the motion they go thru while howling. The eyes should be half closed or so,and the ears laid back more. It may be the photo but the first thing that jumped out to me was the blackness of the lips-a tad too black I think. But overall you did a great job for your first. Get lots of references and keep up the good work.

MLP

11. hidvalltax

hidvalltax Dont travel faster than your guardian angel can go

here is some reference