1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

what tanning method do you use and why?

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by coonhunt, Sep 10, 2009.

1. rayray38821

rayray38821 New Member

:)

2. coonhunt

coonhunt New Member

beakyp yes I am going to go with krotan and lutanfbut thanks to all

3. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

He might want to take a page from the way his "tutor" carries himself in public. I don't think you would see him saying the stuff Ryan does to anyone. (and if he did, he could at least back it up)

4. rayray38821

rayray38821 New Member

I damn sure don't use kt now after half the hair falling out of my hide!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad:

5. bill@hogheaven

[email protected] New Member

RayRay isnt the silence from the crowtan crowd just deafening when you post its total failure?

6. Rhino

Rhino Too many irons in the fire will put the fire out!

Ray, KT didnt cause hair to fall out of your hide! The product has been around for too long, and has had sales numbering in the thousands of gallons, im sure.

If you dont like it, then DONT BUY IT!

If you like it, then KEEP ON BUYING IT!

This thread started as an innocent question, and has been turned into something as useless as tits on a boar hog!

7. rayray38821

rayray38821 New Member

well os what caused the hair to fall out ??? when you do eveything the directions say do then you go to mount it and the hair comes out ???

8. cyclone

cyclone Posts: 400001

That a question that you have to answer ray....

9. TD

TD My GGG Grandfather John "Tanner John" King b 1820

Call me Ray and maybe we can figure it out.................
    It could be a mistake that you made...........
    If you haven't worked allot of skins it could be a number of reasons..............

10. Krowtann is the proper spelling and the crowd is not silent...it's the tanners who are ignorant and refuse to see it as a total tanning system because they have a dog in the hunt and do not want anyone to home tan because it will take away from their business...NOW THAT"S THE TRUTH...ISN"T IT?

11. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Wow, you're dumber than I tell people.

12. rj9289

rj9289 Buck the system, be an individual, be who you are.

Krowtann never has, nor will ever be the cause of hair slipping on a hide.

13. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Have you apologized yet?

14. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

That has to be dumbest damn statement I have ever read in the tanning section. I have never said Krowtan does not work, I say use what works for you......but now your expertise is saying that is a total tan ??? You should really be kept away from people starting Taxidermy, you're dangerous to them and their ideologies.

Tell us James, spell it out....WHAT MAKES KROWTAN A TOTAL COMPLETE TAN, THE SAME AS YOU WOULD RECIEVE FROM THE WILDLIFE GALLERY OR CAROLINA FUR.

15. Krwtann is the same formulated acid/tan solution as many others...the difference is Brian has figured out how to SUSPEND the solution instead of SEPERATING it as you would get by trying to bottle saftee acid and a tanning agent

16. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

I guess there's a first time for everything but I've never had the hair to fall out of a KTed hide. I had a trash bobcat that I KTe and threw out over a porch railing. It hung out in all kinds of weather for about 3 or 4 years. It FINALLY lost hair a couple of years ago when it rained for almost two months, I doubt a commercially tanned hide would have lasted any longer than that either. Considering what that hide went through, I think it's safe to say it should have lasted a VERY long time in a stable indoor environment.

17. TD

I put him up to write that just to see the reaction LOL..............Just Kidding
    Funny how everyone jumped at that though :D :D

18. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Now we will all refer to Brian as "Brian Copperfield" instead of "Brian Harness"

elkhunter1313, I think you may have one of those trailers infested with formaldahyde, you're talking crazy.

Tom, you're not even warped enough to believe that chit he just posted.

19. TD

Im talking about Ray's post.............. 8)

20. TD

I can't argue with the experts but who knows.............like I say..........i just know what it produces for a mount...........