1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

what tanning method do you use and why?

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by coonhunt, Sep 10, 2009.

1. TD

TD My GGG Grandfather John "Tanner John" King b 1820

LOL AFWS that's what I was going to say.........
    Can,t tell Ya how to wash it out of your hands because it's NOT Krowtann........
    Just 1 minute ago,I had my hands all over a KT cape.........NO SMELLY HANDS........
    Kind a like the saying What part of NO dont you understand lol........

2. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

You're either full of shyt, or your smeller's broke.

3. TD

Well I'm not full of it............ so where that leave you?
    We've just mounted two capes with KT this week and there is no bad odor......PERIOD......

4. Uncle Harley

Uncle Harley New Member

Never had KT smell up my hands........ but it sure stinks when in the bottle don't know what to tell you on that one Cole I don't handle any skin that has been introduced to any type of acid with my bare hands untill it's been nutralized.

5. TD

Dito

6. TD

Actually I have stuck My hands in it a few times..........
    Not that I should have and I certainly don't recommend it but it washes off easy.............

7. Uncle Harley

Uncle Harley New Member

i'm pretty carefull what I get on my skin i have enough reactions to too many other stuff in the shop I will say this though KT in the eye HURTS LIKE LIVING HELL!

8. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Rookie, I wish I was a kt virigin and would have never wasted my money on the crap. ;D

9. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

Same here. I have splashed it on my a bit and it burned a little but nothing serious but I'm not going to go around sticking my hands in it to find out any different.

Whatever my tannery uses (when I use a tannery) burns my arms. They send them wrong side out/wet so when I stick my hand inside to turn them it goes up my arm too. Looks like nuetralizing would stop it but I guess not. My arms will burn and itch until I get them washed good.

10. Uncle Harley

Uncle Harley New Member

It may be something you are sensitive to.......but I would call your tannery and ask them about it. That sounds weird.

11. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Easy, by this time next year that will be a school/tannery

Not outrageous though, I've had certain tans do that to me as well. Nothing intolerable, but enough to make you rinse your arms when done.

12. TD

May be .........but it gets the job done.............and it is a workshop which is better than a school.............You know all hands on type............. ;D
    Dont ever just assume............It's not the only shop I have lol............ 8) 8)

13. TD

Quote from: michael p. on Today at 03:09:00 PM
    So says the man with the 12X20 cinder block shack that he calls a school Roll Eyes

Easy, by this time next year that will be a school/tannery

I was Fleshing/shaveing 5 capes a day out of that little building and was not in any lack of space............By this time next year, I could move to a warehouse and start a school(15 students at a time) and maybe even a tannery if that was My desire.........but it's not...........

14. Uncle Harley

Uncle Harley New Member

alright ladies we all know how everyone feels about KT If we all wanted to listen to bickering we's spend more time with our wives LOL

15. TD

Besides....What's up with you guys.........attacking My business?
    I thought this was a debate on Krowtan ........
    That's like kicking below the belt because you are loosing the battle ............or the professional boxer biting off ears.......just makes you look bad and not me lol.......

16. RDA

RDA Active Member

I have no idea why such strong feelings exist about this product.... But lets keep this on a profesional level....We have REAL ENEMYS right here in the good ol US of A,, so if ya wanna go for the juglars go find some of them ;)

17. TD

I'll admit...........I get carried away every now and then but I do know where to draw the line...........

18. Uncle Harley

Uncle Harley New Member

what I don't get is why do people get their panties in a wad over KT or bondo vs earliner. There is more than one way to skin a cat Literally! Ron is right we have enough enimies..........this my way or the highway crap has gotta stop and someone has to be the biiger man and take a step back..................any takers?

19. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

Say what!?

20. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

RUN HARLEY RUN!!!!