1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Matt Thompson Wall Pedestal

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by whitetail8, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Here is my twist to a wall pedestal. My wife works in an embroidery shop, So I had here add a detail to the back of this mount. I shot this deer back in 2007 and it was my first deer mount. Well I got tired of looking at all the mistakes I made and decided to remount it. It wasn't the best cape and I am sure there are still some mistakes, Just not as bad as the first. I then added it with a doe mount to a floor pedestal.Let me know what you think.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. psehunter

psehunter New Member

dude that is awsome right there. wish my wife would let me do something like that. ive gotta fight her for the heads ive got right now.

3. I never said that my wife likes it but that is the way it goes sometimes. Thanks for the comment.

4. BillFromPa

BillFromPa Active Member

It looks great! Ill bet there would be a market here for stuff like that! I know I would be interested.

5. I tried to do it on deer skin but it was too thick, I can have the work done for $15 for clients since my wife works there. Any one else it would cost them $25. Mine was done for free. I will probably charge $35 or $40 to add it to a mount.

6. fozziebear

fozziebear New Member

yup me too, looks great!

7. Kittrell Hill

Kittrell Hill 9 Beard Merriam 2008 Meade Co SD

That looks really nice ;) I have always liked the doe and buck together mount

8. aztaxidermy

aztaxidermy double lungsville bang'em n hang'em

CT
    that is awesom great job

9. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

You definitely kicked it up a notch!!! The embroidery on the back is REALLY impressive...looks awesome!

10. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Nice

11. Wildside

Wildside Active Member

Looks good!

12. ed150

ed150 deer city time

like it

13. Thanks for the nice comments. Any critiques on the deer?

14. TIM DUNCAN

TIM DUNCAN surry county va

sweet work

15. Thats great!! The buck looks sweet!

16. juniper

juniper Active Member

Awesome, that is a sweet looking mount

17. oldboar

oldboar Taxidermy...do the impossible:)

Awesome...I love it!

Makes me want to do a mount with the embroidery.

thanks for sharing!

18. Brian, Nice looking mounts and great idea. But I do have to correct one thing you said...
    "Mine was done for free." I've been married long enough to know it will cost you something
    somewhere down the line if it hasn't already! Again, Good job.

19. Thanks for the nice comments everyone. EddieB, Truer words were never spoken!

20. Matt

Matt Active Member

Very nice Brian, love the finishing touches on the backside, great job!