1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

BIRD OF THE WEEK # 37,Yr.3

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Taxi-lover, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover Active Member

Morning from Finland!!

Late again, sorry for that! I've been little busy and in a middle of personal problems. Nothing big and I'm fine but....

This week starts with a great swimming duck mount by Nate!! Congrat's!! Absolutely great mount and beautiful base work too!! Honorable mention to Alex,that owl looks great and reminds me of my grandpa's owl that has been mounted over a 60 yrs ago!!! Really great mounts last week...you guy's and galls rule!!!

Have a nice week and may the sun shine for you!!

JP

Attached Files:

• nate.jpg
      nate.jpg
      File size:
      96.5 KB
      Views:
  2. Great pic, congrats Nate. Here is a piece that took me a few years to complete, all of the Mallard complex here in the US. The birds are all from places where overlap is the least likely to occur.

Top left: Gulf Coast Mottled Duck (Taken in south TX)
    Middle: Florida Mottled Duck (Taken in Okeechobee, FL)
    Top Right: Black Duck (Taken in Delaware)
    Bottom Right: Mexican Duck (Taken in El Paso, TX)
    Bottom Left: Mallard Drake (Taken in Delaware)

[​IMG]

Eric

3. Skua

Skua Member

Common Terns

Attached Files:

4. francois

francois Parrot collector

wauw, mister skua you are realy a master ;)Did you had a holyday, what a production.
    If you have more time, can you do some parrots for me??? ;D

5. Skua

Skua Member

what you mean puffins ;D ;)

6. Yes mister Skua

Very nice indeed your birds
    gr Henk

7. francois

puffins????? Parrotpuffins you mean ;D ;D ;D

8. francois

An oriolpuffin for mister skua

Attached Files:

9. wingman

wingman Active Member

Congrats Nate, Nice mount, Eric great collection!!, Nicely done on the terns, Heres a couple "tough mounts" that went out today LOL

Attached Files:

10. Peter Span

Peter Span Corvids, gotta catch them all!

Woohhooo great terns, probably great specimens too ;D

11. snowhare

snowhare New Member

I AM WHATING P YOU REMEMBER JAPANO

12. daniel

daniel New Member

i see some terns of the week :eek: :eek: :eek: do you need any puffins mr skua to show us how its done the best nice birds and very nice terns daniel

13. Peter Span

Yep mr snowsquirrel, I mailed ya ;D ;)

14. daniel

daniel New Member

hey peter i thought you were on your way somewhere else ;) the best daniel ;)

15. Peter Span

Not yet daniel, I'm leaving saturday 8) to bali-starling paradise ;D

16. GC

GC New Member

I made a post earlier today in the training section and thought I'd add some of the pics to BOTW. I had always wanted to mount an Eider and another Missouri taxidermist, Bruce Owens of Wild Trophies Taxidemy, was kind enought to gift me one of the extra birds from a hunt he had went on a couple years ago. You can see the story behind this mount in the training section, but it was done at his shop while he walked me through the process he uses on a bird such as this. I learned a ton in just the one day we spent together and I wanted to say "Thank You" to Bruce for his kindness and instruction. Even someone experienced in bird taxidermy can always learn some new tricks and I know I did that day. Thanks again Bruce and here is the bird we did.......GC

Attached Files:

17. snowhare

snowhare New Member

BALI STALRING , SO YOU GO TO THE WRONG PLACE I LLL TELL YA MAN , WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY THAN EH ;D ;D

JAPONA THATS THE PLASE TO BE I SEEMS

18. My first duck I ever mounted.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. bnoody

bnoody Member

Here is a wood duck I just finished for my father. He wanted the basic drift wood on a plaque to hang on the wall. This was a real fatty bird and was a lot of fun to wire wheel, the rump was pretty ripped up by the time I managed to remove all the fat. A lot of sewing and gluing afterward but I think it came out OK considering.

[​IMG]

20. Skua

Skua Member

Daniel, I get some from von dutch ;)