1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Gloves

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Bubbas, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Where do ya'll get your gloves? I am looking to see if there is a cheaper place then where I get mine.

Thanks

Kim

2. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Harbor Freight is about as cheap as you can get. They sell different types, including the nitrile gloves.

3. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    Dental Supply outlet. I get my Alginate there also. I get Baxter Dental Exam gloves. They come in a box of 100 pairs, and in different sizes, with left and right gloves in the box. I ended up buying a case of them years ago and still have them! The individual boxes in the carton that remain unopened leave the latex gloves in like new condition. Anyway, I like them. ;)

Sam's club is another source for latex and vinyl gloves. Find them near the pharmacy counter or the medical products aisle. CVS, Walgreen's, and other big box "drug stores" are yet more sources to look into!

John.

4. yeah i just buy mine from the grocery store lol

5. Judysan

Judysan The Roadkill Queen

I get mine at a janitorial supply place that my company uses. Don't know if they're the cheapest, but I like the quality and they are cheaper than the hardware store.

6. A- Fish

A- Fish Stehling's Taxidermy

Uline has the cheapest we have found.

7. Wildside

Wildside Active Member

Sams club for me too.

8. bulldog4949

bulldog4949 "Mounting your Memories"

Harbor Freight.

Several kinds and if you can catch them on sell, I stock up!

9. gab

gab Active Member

if you're interested in buying 6 or more cases(10 boxes to a case) at a time pm me and I'll give you the number for my supplier.

10. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

I get mine at Wal-Mart or Sam's. Harbor Freight's nitrile gloves SUCK. The last two or three boxes I got from them were VERY inconsistant on sizes, one glove tight and another falling off, and they tear too easily. I can buy smalls in SAm's and they are all the same size and don't rip. I like the purple ones in Walmart for doing things I want more protection with like coons/foxes as they are a bit thicker. They aren't that much higher for being able to use all of them and not worry about them tearing up.

I can't use latex gloves for any length of time, but I use them occassionally for real quick jobs. The last I bought from Harbor Freight were also junk. I won't buy gloves there ever again.

I'll have to check the dental supply I bought my alginate at last time. Didn't think of them. Thanks for the suggestion John.

11. Marc A

Marc A Beaver Creek Taxidermy

The Diamond Grips are the best. Very sensitive.

12. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

Oddly enough I find quite the opposite. I can usually put on a pair and wear them until the end of the day or I skin a Musky....whichever comes first.

13. bulldog4949

Jim-

I am kind of with you. The walmart ones ripped fairly often when I would put them on.

I have not had one harbor freight nitrile glove rip on me yet!

14. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

weird

15. Started with www.Dontheglove.com then I found out that BJ's wholesale had 3 boxes Nitrile for 10 or 12 bucks. Not bad quality and the price was right.
    Wil have to check out Harbor Freight though.
    Mac

16. bulldog4949

That last boxes I got at harbor freight were 7.99 a box on sale from 11.99

17. lov2bhntn

lov2bhntn www.tailfeatherstaxidermy.com

Diamond Grips - Ebay....