1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

New or used and drying coffe grounds??

Discussion in 'Habitat and Exhibit' started by RoyalOaksRanch, Sep 17, 2009.

1. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

That does look great! When I use foam, I usually spray it with black paint. Then, mix white glue with water 1:1, pour over the base, smear it around with a paintbrush, then literally dump the peat on to the glue. Next day, I flip it over and allow everything that is loose to fall free, then mount my specimen on it.

2. Galen

Galen 218-263-7177 www.EdgewaterTaxidermy.com

You can also just grind it up in your hands <<<< the MOSS >>> for a different look. And use glue as said above and dump it all on the base and let dry over night and dust of the loose stuff . you can also use this Same Idea with sand for a lake like bottom look. With a fish mount ,, Then you can use the sifter or once again just pour it on with a cup and let dry. And turn over the next day.

3. RoyalOaksRanch

RoyalOaksRanch Royal Oaks Taxidermy- When Quality Counts...

Ive got my mom saving me her coffee ground so Ill hopefully get to try out the "secret dirt" recipe soon ... I do like the peat moss over using the potting soil much better. ANd Peat moss doesnt stink up the house when I bake it :) BIG BONUS there..