1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

First Whitetail

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by axe8, Sep 21, 2009.

1. axe8

axe8 New Member

TX
    Here's my first attempt. Please critique.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. rj9289

rj9289 Buck the system, be an individual, be who you are.

if thats your first you have some skills brotha

3. axe8

axe8 New Member

TX
    Just noticed I posted in wrong catagory....Sorry. I tried one 4years ago but gave up so I really don't count it as a true attempt. I bought the Rick Carter video and have been reading everything I can on this site since last November before trying again. Thanks for the comment.

4. supdavetax

supdavetax New Member

verynice

5. josh s.

josh s. Active Member

yes that looks extremely nice for your first attempt or even a second attempt.

6. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

Ears should be a little crisper on the edges, and less width on lower lip could be showing, a little grooming on the brisket area. look at top photo at hair patterns from left to right of center. some adjusting could be done... But ignore all of this being your first or your second it is very nice work! you definitely have talent. try to go a bit further with each one. nice!

7. elkevo

elkevo Tailgate Bucks

Every deer I shoot looks different and so does this one as well. I would pay for that mount if it was mine to keep. Improvements come as they do, doesn't mean though that the number 300 one will look any better though, I think each deer head needs respect no matter how many times one puts one together. Good job for your first by all means. Congratulations for the artist in you and what you do. Enjoy what you do.

Steve

8. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

Sure there will be improvement as time goes by, but you should be very proud of that mount.

9. Looks good even if it was your tenth. A couple small suggestions. I would add more modge pogde spots on the upper portion of the nose pad, I would also go with a little more burnt umber around the eyes and definetly the lacramal gland as well. But over all looks good.

10. butterbean

butterbean New Member

What form did you use?

11. Jome

Jome New Member

Looks good better then my first it was a mess good job man!

12. vetanddamnproud

vetanddamnproud Pray for our troops who are still out in harms way

looks great to me nice rack too

13. Very Nice!!

14. fozziebear

fozziebear New Member

2009 !!!!! He's probably done 500 more since then!

15. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

Or he quit.

16. nice job but i dont think its your 1st or 2nd sorry