1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

how to gator euro mount? help

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by coop1212, Sep 27, 2009.

1. coop1212

coop1212 Active Member

ms
    i have three to do? any one have a easy way to do these? do you boil or use bugs?

2. Colonel

Colonel Missouri River Rat

NEVER Boil... Use bugs.

3. I have never boiled anything and never plan to, I would use bugs only on a gator....just my $.02 worth

4. RDMARTIN53

RDMARTIN53 Active Member

Just had 2 BIG Florida gators in last month.....bugs! I hate gators! too many teeth..grin

5. I macerated mine and turned out pretty good, just gotta keep track of the teeth and have a good ref pic for where they fit

6. Was you thinking about mounting to a plaque or just by themselves for say table top or stand.

7. bulldog4949

bulldog4949 "Mounting your Memories"

take several reference pics of them before you start. Use bugs...the best way. Degrease and whiten in liquid BO.

Have fun with the teeth! lol

8. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

Simmer. then pressure wash. Be sure to remove the teeth after simmering and arrange them in the order that they come out. Each tooth will need to be cleaned by blowing out with an air pistol, then fill with borax...there's only 80 of them!!! The pressure washer will remove the skin and all the meat in just a few minutes. After it all dries, blow the borax out of each tooth, glue the teeth back in with white glue, and you're good to go.

9. I did one this summer using Joey's method and it worked great. I macerated and pulled the teeth after a few days and continued to macerate the skull until ready. I drew on a board a spot for each tooth and placed them in the order that they came out of the jaw.

10. I simmer like joey said. It takes about and hour or so and the skin and meat blows right off. Pull the teeth first before you pressure wash because the teeth will come out with the skin. Then do it like you would any other euro mount

11. bugboy

bugboy New Member

This is great info.....i got my first gator head in as well.......Luckily it is an old female with hardly any teeth left :D