1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Zebra what to charge

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Dave H, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Dave H

Dave H New Member

ohio
    What to charge for a lifesize Zebra?

2. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    Hi Dave,

I charge $5,500.00 for lifesize; $1,025 for wall head mount; and $2,500.00 for a pedestal. Hope this helps!

John.

3. Wow! John, I get the $5500.00 for life-size , I also understand the 1025.00 for a shoulder mount....but another $1,475.00 for a pedestal?? You must really...really hate doing pedestal mounts or you include one helluva pedestal base with that mount!!! ;D

4. BDrake

BDrake Active Member

Mckenzie oak octagon ped is in the $500.00 range, plus shipping, plus any habitat.John`s price is only $450.00 over the shoulder mount price. Are you able to get your peds at a much lower price?

5. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    Not only the price of supplies are more for a pedestal than a wall hanger, but there is a helluva lot more work that goes into a pedestal! You have to finish the back, and rig the thing to balance on its brisket as opposed to a hanging plate secured to the back of the mount. Plus, there is a little more thought that goes into a pedestal mount, such as the fact that the owner is going to be eye-to-eye with the head, so it has to be as perfect as possible ... not to say I don't make wall hangers as perfect as possible ... I do that with all my work. I price out my work to make a profit ... not to give my work and talent away. Charge accordingly! ;)

John.

6. Curt

Curt Family Life member of the NTA

Well said Lord Rusty Well said...