1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Alligator Hide Tanning

Discussion in 'Reptile Taxidermy' started by slickyboyboo, Sep 29, 2009.

1. slickyboyboo

slickyboyboo Member

I filled one of my alligator tags this year while hunting, and I am wanting to get the hide tanned so I can get something made from it. Does anyone have any contacts for reputable tanneries for this, or can someone point me in the right direction. I want to get this professionally done, so any product I get made will look good.

Thanks

2. You can try Sebring Tannery Inc. in Sebring FL Go to web search for the address .We sent 10 hides to him this season he only has 5 colors (black,chocolate brown,peanut brittle,congac,sports rustic).Dave is the owner he seems to know his business they charge $17.00 a foot for belly skins and $19 a foot for hump back skins.Just pressure was your hides (all meat )and salt over night shake off salt and send them to him with your yellow tag with the hunters name and adress and color you want.He does not require a deposite he will bill you when your hide is done.Again I have not seen his work but American tannery in Goegia we used last year went way up on their prices and its worth a try.

hope this helps if anyone has had Sebring Tannery do work for them please comment.

3. slickyboyboo

slickyboyboo Member

Thanks, that is just the info I was looking for. I looked at American Tannery, and they do have really high prices.

Please comment if you have done any business with Sebring Tannery. Info is much appreciated.

4. RTPBearcat

RTPBearcat New Member

I've had a couple of hides done at the Tannery in Sebring. I do most of mine myself but had a different purpose with these 2. One about 9'6" and the other about 11'8". They do a good bit of volume, but put out a good product. Good people too.

5. RTPBearcat

RTPBearcat New Member

In fact, if you want photographs of their work let me know and I'll email some to you. As I've said, only had 2 gator hides done there, but the did come out as expected.

6. That would be great if you would .This would make my customers feel better also.

7. RTPBearcat

RTPBearcat New Member

I'll do so, give me a couple of days.