1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Please stop patronizing the beginners

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by George, Oct 1, 2009.

1. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

LMAO bmdakk, don't get your panties in a wad. You're closer to be a "yankee" than I am and I LOVE West Virginia. I've hunted there, owned land there, and just had a buddy buy a big plot there. But we BOTH know the jokes about "Summer teeth" and "West Virginia - Where men are men and sheep are nervous". I look in the mirror every morning and laugh that someone didn't kill me years ago when they had the chance. Loosen up and laugh a little.

2. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

he said he was kidding George, isn't that loose enough?

3. bmdakk

bmdakk Report to moderator

yea george Im as loosened up as they get just pullin you chain...lmao

4. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

Unfortunately at most state shows that bobcat would get you a 3rd place ribbon in the "professional" division.

5. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

name one

6. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

I am not going to throw anyone under the bus here. Most shows that I have attended give "something" to everybody. Most times that means a THIRD place ribbon...unless they have HM ribbons.

7. Not ours thats for sure.

8. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Jim, sadly, I'll have to admit that our show is that way. Though this particular mount wouldn't get anything, our HM and 3rds are "here's your ribbon, now leave quietly". Second and first places are given to deserving mounts, but I know that on several occasions we've run completely out of HM and 3rd place ribbons.

9. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

Don't feel bad. Most, if not all shows are that way anymore. It's a sad state of affairs.

10. Uncle Harley

Uncle Harley New Member

At the IL show some people don't even get HM the way it should be

11. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Sounds like I need to go to Ohio, I could use some ribbons.

12. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

Ha Ha. We'd LOVE to have you come Cole....the fish category needs some upgrading. On top of that I highly doubt that any of YOUR work is hovering anywhere near a 3rd place Professional Division.

Actually the I am NOT saying these shows are weak. To win top awards you had better know your stuff.

As well second place and up usually fall where they should.

Thirds place seems to be where the curve starts to widen at the VERY bottom. Here we added HM ribbons and that put the 3rds back in line.