1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

1ST REPTILE CHALLENGE HERE....Finally..LOL

Discussion in 'Reptile Taxidermy' started by jeremy, Oct 1, 2009.

Vote for your favorite

Poll closed Oct 5, 2009.
  1. A

12.2%
  2. B

16.2%
  3. C

29.7%
  4. D

9.5%
  5. E

32.4%
  1. jeremy

jeremy Have you hugged your snake today!

Alrighty here we go folks, we started with 10... lost one... and gained 2 then... lost 6 due to varying circumstances, so we have finished with a total of 5 competitors. I want to say thanks to you folks that were able to get the snake done, I know that for several of you, this was your first snake and being that they are a colubrid species and were small they up the anty on the difficulty. So just finishing this project is a big achievement for you, so again well done.

The vote will go like this, the competitors have been assigned a letter that will accompany the pictures, you will not know who the snakes belongs to until the end of the poll. Once it ends in 4 days I will come on here and announce the winner and who's snake belonged to who. I will tell you the names who are in the challenge though, They are....

1. Jeremy
    2. Sam
    3. Jacob
    4. BeckyP
    5. Hoss

The winner will pick the charity that the 10.00 entry fee goes to and will come on here announce the charity and at that point all who participated will need to send in there 10.00 to the charity. Who ever wins will need to provide a address for the participants to mail it to.

The voting for the taxinet members should take into account how the snakes match up with the reference picture provided but also they are welcome to vote for there favorite snake they see.

Alright enough talking, lets get started, here is the reference photo

[​IMG]

Here is A
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is B
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is C
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is E
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Colonel

Colonel Missouri River Rat

Aww... You can't see what letter is wining... lol

3. Hoss0902

Hoss0902 I drink to make other people seem more interesting

Great work everyone!!!

4. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

UH! Oh the suspense.

5. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

I like yours Becky. But I don't know which one it is,, ~wink~ wink~ :)

6. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

So.....

So can you fix the poll so that once you vote, you can see the results? Or is the poll not working?

Thanks

Kerby...

7. jeremy

Ya, I hit the poll option to block results till end of vote, but I dont like it as good. Now i know for next time...

8. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

You might be able to edit it Jeremy.

9. LRB

LRB Member

Can we vote everyday ????... :D

MaryLou~~

10. jeremy

Good idea, Becky. I was able to edit it. So now you can see the results

11. baldman

baldman New Member

Congratulations to all who participated in the challenge. They all look good. Kudos to Jeremy for sponsoring the challenge!!

12. jeremy

Re: Kerby

What kinda of Gopher snake do you think the reference photo is, I knew It was not a Pacific Gopher like all the ones in the challenge we used, is that one of your Sonora Gophers or is it a true Bull snake which is a sub species of the Gopher snake family?

13. jeremy

and the winner is Jacob with E, well done buddy

here was the line up, thankyou all for getting them done. You all did well IMO

a becky p
    b hoss
    c jeremy
    d sam c
    e jacob

Okay Jacob, you will need to come on here and tell us the charity you have picked and what its about, Also you will need to provide us with the mailing info to send in the 10.00 entry fee to the charity, well done for your first snake. GREAT JOB! When Jacob provides the charity info then all 5 of us will need to send in our 10.00 enrty fees to his choice of charity

14. baldman

baldman New Member

Hey! It's Jacob and I want to say thanks to everybody that voted for me. I never thought I would win. I'm 14 and this is my first ever snake. I've helped my dad before but this is the first one that I've ever done by myself. I feel real honored just to be in the same category with the rest of the ones who entered cuz they are professionals. OK so I've done a lot of thinking and if its ok with everbody I would just like for them to donate the entry fee to their local chapter of the American Cancer Society. My pop and my aunt both died with cancer and I think what the Cancer Society does to help people with cancer is real good. I figure if we all donate to our local Cancer Society Chapters we can help folks right where we live--our own friends and neighbors. Anyway, thanks to Jeremy for lettin me get in on this and I think everbody's snakes was real good.