1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

For Dad W/pics

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Mason, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Love the story, and the mount is very nice. :)

2. TIM DUNCAN

TIM DUNCAN surry county va

very nice

3. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

wow love the mount, great story too

4. redog76

redog76 New Member

Its been said already but Damn that really is cool Mason!!!!! The leaf is an easy, yet really cool addition.

GO RAVENS

5. Mason

Mason Active Member

Thanks again for the kind words.
    The name plate came and now it is on display for folks to see. Have had some good feedback from it. Even had a few folks come just to see at after talking to a friend about it.
    Got 2 calls this week from one of our displays we have in a sport shop. It sure pays to get a few pieces out for folks to see.
    Good luck to all this season. Hope it is a busy year for you all.

Ron and Linda

6. Oh Ron! I just now found this post.. the mount came out great, what a beautiful way to memorialize someone who had such an important impact on your life. Just awesome!

7. Rhonda

Rhonda Member

Beautiful

8. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    Well, thanks to Bonnie, I've now had a chance to view your post.

What a wonderful way to pay tribute to the man who so shaped your life. Kudos to a job well done! It's tough when they have to "go." My Pop's passing was pretty life changing for me, and that was in 1998, but I miss hearing his voice over the phone every single day. You can get past it, but never get over it. At least not for me. In fact I've just reread my post I placed in the old forums again, and it brought it all back. :'(

Just know that your Dads spirit is aware of the great tribute you've made in his honor. You done good, Mason ... you done good! ;)

John.

9. deerhunterdon

deerhunterdon New Member

Mi
    Mason, that says alot about you as man right there. put that story on your website with the pics. Thats what were all looking for, a Taxi with heart. Sometimes the things we think are small are really the Big things in our lives. like everyone says Very cool! Thats what its all about.

10. RTtaxidermy

RTtaxidermy My Daughters Elk

Thanks for sharing its a beautiful mount. Love the rock with your dads picture

11. jevic035

jevic035 Member

thank you for sharing mason what away to hold your dad in memory

12. Kittrell Hill

Kittrell Hill 9 Beard Merriam 2008 Meade Co SD

That is awesome Mason!!!!!

13. Shane R.

Shane R. Member

Thats a great tribute! Awesome lookin mount!

Shane

14. shammy

shammy New Member

Mason that is awesome to see and read, I am doing the same thing with a catfish replica. My dad was a dedicated catfisherman, He passed away in 1991 and I know where you are coming from. he is missed dearly.

15. Mason

Mason Active Member

Thank you all,
    Seein this post back up this morning really put a lump in my throat!
    They say that man will never be gone as long as I walk the earth. I dont think I could even have packed his sweat in a days time. But folks around here say i am a carbon copy.
    I appreciate the kind words from all of you. It was a hard piece to work on.
    And yeah John, I am dealing with it, but will never get over it. These long winter days. I think on him a lot.

16. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Thank you for bringing this back Bonnie.
    That's a very nice piece Ron.

We never get over it. Trust me, I know. But at the same time, we never forget and that's what really counts.

17. elkevo

elkevo Tailgate Bucks

remember folks every piece should have a name, date when killed by whom etc right there on the back of every mount. Tell your customers to have it there. In the future there will be many stories that will never be known unless there is something to identify these pieces by as such with that story

18. Mason

Mason Active Member

On all the shoulder mounts that we do. We take packaging tape and tape the tags to the backs of the mounts. Trim the tape nice and even around them, nice and clean looking. Makes it look almost laminated to the backboard.

19. Thats beautiful, and a very sweet Idea!