1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Eastern Regional Taxidermy Competition 2010

Discussion in 'Convention Information' started by Ken Edwards, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

June 18th through 20th, 2010
    21st Annual Eastern Regional Convention and Competition [​IMG]
    Sponsored by the <A HREF="http://www.mdtaxidermistsassociation.com">Maryland Taxidermist Association</A>
    The Plaza Hotel, Hagerstown, MD
    Contact Tim Martin at (301) 432-5909 or <A HREF="http://www.mdtaxidermistsassociation.com">visit the MTA website</A>.

2. KennyC

KennyC New Member

Judges:

Birds - Charlie Fegan
    Mammals and Gameheads - Fred Gonzalez
    Whitetails, Fish and Reptiles - Kenneth Bauman

3. tim martin

tim martin New Member

21st Annual Eastern Regional Taxidermy Convention and Competition

Hello everyone,
    The 21st Annual Eastern Regional Taxidermy Convention and Competition will be held June 18,19 and 20 at the Plaza Hotel in Hagerstown, Maryland.
    Our judges for this years show are:

Birds-World Champion Charlie Fegan
    Whitetails and Fish- National Champion Kenny Bauman
    Large and small mammals- Fred Gonzalez

This is promising to be a great show!! Members of the association have been working hard all year planning this show! We will have seminars for every level of taxidermist, from the amateur to the master level.
    Again this year we will be having a Competitors Challenge with cash prizes!!

Master's Division Professional Division
    First Place- $300 First Place- $300
    Second Place $200 Second Place $200
    Third Place- $100 Third Place- $100

The prize amounts will go up as the donations come in!

Also, last year we had over 40 special awards, so there is a chance for everyone to win something!
    As the convention gets closer, we will post more information. If you have any questions or would like a competition packet sent to you, please contact me.

Tim Martin
    MTA President
    301-432-5909

4. kjdouble

kjdouble Member

Re: 21st Annual Eastern Regional Taxidermy Convention and Competition

Just an update,
    The dates are June 18th and 19th, We will be doing the awards at the banquet Saturday night instead of Sunday.
    The donations for the live auction is taking shape, the following companies have already sent items

Whitetail Freaks
    Bone Collectors
    Primos
    Bass Pro
    NRA
    Ultimate Camo
    Bohning Archery
    Hunt of a Lifetime and Top Calls
    Hunter Safety Systems

We will be posting auction items on the Maryland Taxidermy website as they come in, please check back occasionally for updates

This year's convention is shaping up to be bigger and better, with some great seminars and excellent awards.
    Mark your calendar , we hope to see you there.

KJ

5. tim martin

tim martin New Member

Also, I wanted to make a correction on the judges qualifications, Kenny Bauman is also a World Champion Taxidermist! I will be posting information for our seminars in the weeks to come.

6. dartondude

dartondude New Member

can't wait

7. cam2

cam2 New Member

i will be there as well.tim are ya coming to the PA show?

8. tim martin

tim martin New Member

Hey cam2,
    I won't be at PA this year. I statred a new jobs a few months ago and I do not have the vacation time built up. I want to go next year though!!

Tim

9. Re: 21st Annual Eastern Regional Taxidermy Convention and Competition

I Just added more convention info to the webpage, check it out

www.mdtaxidermistsassociation.com

10. tim martin

tim martin New Member

I have an important update for the show.

The bird judge we had is unable to make it to our show.
    The new bird judge will be TIM JORDAN

11. tim martin

tim martin New Member

Well the show is less than 2 weeks away and hopefully everyone has their competition pieces ready! This year’s convention will be the best we have had in years. The objective of the MTA in putting this convention together, was to have something for every level of taxidermist. And with a lot of hard work by the Board Members, the MTA Officers and even a few members, we feel we have accomplished our goal. We have World and National Champions judging and providing advanced level seminars, along with some of our Maryland taxidermist doing seminars on basic techniques. The suppliers room is 100% full! If you can’t find what you need from this group, it is not made!! If you miss out on this convention, it would truly be a shame.

Visit the MTA web site to find a complete registration packet, a list of judges and the complete schedule of all the weekend’s events! If you have any questions about the convention, please feel free to contact myself, a MTA Officer or Board member.

See you at the convention!

Tim

12. kinetic

kinetic New Member

This is probably a silly question, but I procrastinated and didn't sent my registration packet by the 4th... I assume I can register and pay at the door (for attending/membership, no mounts), is that right? Just wanted to make sure since this will be my first convention.

13. tim martin

tim martin New Member

Kinetic,

Yes, you can still register and pay at the door. A lot of people do that - they either forget to send in the registration or are not sure if they are coming to the show untill the last minute.

Hopefully with this being your first convention, you will enjoy it. We have some great seminars planned and a lot of great suppliers.

Make sure you introduce yourself - looking forward to meeting you and everyone else that has never been to our show.

Tim