1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

First deer ( Whitetail ) of the season in for me ....

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by *, Oct 8, 2009.

1. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

Less than an hour from you Ray Ray ;D ;D

2. Jon S

Jon S Well-Known Member

So will you do a snarling, head twisted, legs flailing, nothing but air lifesize mount? lol

3. tomdes

tomdes Me my dear and Fall BAZZ!!!

4. It looks like a 7 by 7 with 2 extra points on the left beam. So, if it nets 232, I would have to assume that is typical which would make it a new world record. And you know what they say about the word assume!. LOL

Bruce

5. Is it an Edmonton bow zone deer?

6. rayray38821

rayray38821 New Member

I need to get up with him when he gets it back from ya,and go see it.That is a big deer!!!

7. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Dennis, we need to talk about this one. Call me.

8. Kevin

Kevin New Member

Really nice buck, I am a master measure for SCI and I would say that score if true would definitely be SCI scoring because BC scoring would deduct for having missing one point on the left side of the rack. Looks like a typical 6x7 with 2 extra non counting brow tines and possibly a couple of non-counting kickers off of the G2's. Great buck. Trying to guess the length of tines but I put him around 200 typical net. But perception could be off on length guesses. Great buck though.

9. Boxie

Boxie New Member

Dennis,

No doubt that buck is awesome! The girl in the picture may out score the but though! She is way over 250 net! I assume low fence??

Thanks for sharing,

Boxie

10. Boxie

Boxie New Member

Typo...."the girl may out score the "buck" though!

11. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

I'd still take the rack, the rack will never complain.

12. Boxie, Good thing you corrected that. I thought that was funny!

13. Wayne R

Wayne R NRA and B&C Life Member

With the Hanson Buck scoring 213 5/8, if this buck indeed does score as high as mentioned it won't be long before it will be big news everywhere. With just one photo it looks like a 7 by 7 main frame if the points all come from the top of the main beam. The 2nd point on the buck's left side is out of sequence, and would be considered non-typical. There may be a kicker or two off some of the other points, but overall a very impressive deer. It will be interesting to see how the story of this deer unfolds in the future.

14. BIGLAWE

BIGLAWE New Member

nice hog congrats

15. That is one heck of a buck no matter where it came from. I am sure that you will do it justice. I can not wait to see it finished.

16. Dawg3458

Dawg3458 Member

:eek: man what a buck

17. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Im with Kevin on this. Great buck, but it doesnt net 230 anything. I know Dennis will do a beautiful mount though!!! Watch what happens when BC panel scores it and what they call deducts and column e points. Sorry, I dont mean to be a jerk, I just know how itll go. I like gross scores better anyway. 8)

18. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

I see about 25 inches of hard deduction, not counting side to side deductions. I guess it at about 205" but, depending on which G point they determine is not matched it could loose another 25".

Awesome deer until B&C gets ahold of it.

19. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Bingo...Im afraid theyll take those points in the order theyre in, and clip a couple main points cuz they didnt "match" grrrr. It aint fair, but its how they always do it, for sure.

20. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

Guys Guys, it's been taped , its score beats the Hanson buck , this Client shot one last year that beat it by 6 inches also.
    It was a perfect 10, big as a pop can coming out of pedicle
    This is buck is high fence.
    Lighten up . ;D ;D
    I posted this because your searching the net for the next new world record whitetail ;D ;D ;D
    I get them every year, last year 3 that scored at least that high and yes TYPICALS . ;D