1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

BIG Typical I took in tonight.

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Heath Cline, Oct 11, 2009.

1. Heath Cline

Heath Cline Well-Known Member

Ohio
    This is from a client in Tennessee that I have been doing heads for the last 3 years.
    12th deer this year but by far the biggest typical frame !! This hog has a 206" typical 10 point frame. Four tines over 12" long with the G-2's being 14 & 14 3/8, brows are over 6 & 8 each with a 22 4/8 inside spread. Main beams 26 2/8 & 28 1/8. Notice the mass & thickness of the points. Mass measurements are all over 5" and the LAST mass measurement on the right side is 6 4/8 !!

Attached Files:

• 044.JPG
      044.JPG
      File size:
      71.1 KB
      Views:
    • 045.JPG
      045.JPG
      File size:
      65.8 KB
      Views:
  2. Dawg3458

Dawg3458 Member

sweet looking buck

3. kevin scott

kevin scott New Member

Awesome buck ! Is is a preserve buck or free range ? Awesome either way .

4. MB in NC

MB in NC Aim small. Miss small.

Great buck!

5. Heath Cline

Ohio
    Kevin, yes it is a high fence buck.
    I got to tell pics don't do it justice !!! I see hundreds of big deer every year with all the people raising them here. But this buck has one of the biggest typical frames I have ever seen for a 10 point frame !!

6. buck

buck Member

now thats a biggin

7. Curt

Curt Family Life member of the NTA

Thated do

8. Nice buck

9. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Heath, you didn't say those words!! You should know better! Someone is gonna say that you shouldn't take this guys money nor mount this deer. How could YOU do such a thing??? It's a high fence deer and therefore doesn't count. Shame on you for even talking to someone who would shoot a pet deer. Was he eating out of the killers hand when he lowered the boom on him?? Of course, YOU know I'm kidding, but others will agree with this logic. Just watch and see. LOL

10. Kittrell Hill

Kittrell Hill 9 Beard Merriam 2008 Meade Co SD

He is a monster. I mount one last year that scored 203 non typical and he was nice too but he had 17 scoreable points

11. Bionicrooster

Bionicrooster New Member

haha I am against hunting fenced deer but that doesn't mean you can't take the money when some does kill one :)

Thats a beautiful buck btw!

12. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Heath, is that one of mine??? Hahahaha, he IS a whopper!

13. The truck bed makes an excellent point of reference I think. Holy cow. :eek:

14. pberry

pberry Member

if he was in my shop the next 10 guys to come in would swear that they had seen the deer before either while hunting or under the light(we can shine deer here til eleven pm)

15. Is that a typical sized Tennesee buck ( size wise not rack wise)....someone told me the Soituyehrn deer were smaller than the average whitetails of the midwest /northeast etc

16. Heath Cline

Ohio
    elkhunter, sorry I should have posted where it was taken. It was shot in Ohio.

17. spikebuck

spikebuck New Member

Big Buck Down!

;D
    I had to do it.
    Nice Deer.

18. joeuhuh

joeuhuh New Member

as for southern deer size a good buck where im at in north carolina weighs about 180 live weight and the biggest ive seen weighed around 225 live ( scored in the 160s typical net)-- we throw em in the truck and dress em at the barn without field dressing them so i dont have field dressed weights