1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Any guesses' on what Stop Rot really is?

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Gunny, Sep 19, 2006.

1. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

I've always found it amusing that people to want to know the ingredients in something so they can attempt to make it themselves cheaper, LOL! What is your time worth? Can you buy the raw ingredients cheaper than a manufacturer? What is your level of quality control? Just pay a fair price for a great produce, use it and be happy! I probably use less than 4 quarts of Stop Rot annually...but it's always within arms reach if I need it!

2. Rick Carter

Rick Carter Administrator

Ray was signing autographs in the WASCO booth. How much did he charge for you to get your picture with him?

3. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

I dunno...I think you or Nikkie took the picture!

4. RTF

RTF Active Member

My question is, will Stop Rot still be available in the future. In other words I hope someone else does have the ingredients so we can get it!

5. To answer your question, yes Stop Rot will continue to be available. We started manufacturing Stop Rot for Glen before he passed away. We are now the owner and manuracturer of Stop Rot. We supply Van Dykes, McKenzie, Research, and numerous supply companies so it will be available as long as we are around.

6. DickGJ

DickGJ Speak softly and carry a Big Stick!

Very informative thread! Looks like I'll add some Stop-Rot to my shopping cart!

7. RTF

RTF Active Member

That is good to hear. Thank god.

8. ok... i am totally serious here. i keep hearing about what a wonder healer that this product is. i have a paraplegic friend who has been bed ridden since 2007 with a pressure sore that simply will NOT heal... she''s been doing what the docs want her to for this long and the sore just won't heal and the docs refuse to do any skin grafting things (the kind where the muscle is pulled up into the sore and then stitched shut).

thoughts? should i invest in some of this for her? i'm not sure she'd be up for it unless i brought her lots of pics. and even then, these are all animals which might also cause her to be closed to the idea.

9. Rick Carter

Rick Carter Administrator

Hurry up and get it.

10. i talked to her and she is willing to try anything (as well as she should!) so i asked a local taxidermist if he could spare a little to see if it helps. if it does, i imagine she'll want a whole bottle then. i really really hope it does. if not then i'll see about Tender Quick and nitrofurazone ointment as talked about by Glen on page 2.

11. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Spray the area and then cover it with a gauze pad wet with it. Take over it lightly to hold it in place overnight. Remove it each morning any allow air to get to to. It the wound dries too fast, mist it lightly. Cover again at night. Repeat for 4-6 days. The let it heal uncovered, spraying it occasionally.

Im not a doctor and I didn't stay at Holiday Inn last night but I often play the part.

12. backstapwillie

backstapwillie 2011 Montana Bow kill

Grygon, I would tell her to listen to the doctors because they do know what they are talking about. If they are not doing a graph then they probably have a good reason. You wouldn't ask your doctors advice on setting eyes or proper tanning techniques would you? I'm a taxidermist but I also work in the medical field as a nurse and have dealt with many pressure ulcers and most of the time healing is delayed do to poor care without proper turning every hour to allow for circulation. If you want to really help her then check on her often and make sure her caregivers giving her the attention she needs. If she doesn't trust her present doctor then she should probably get a second opinion. Good luck and I hope she gets to doing better!

13. backstapwillie

backstapwillie 2011 Montana Bow kill

With that being said, I spay it on my finger everytime I get a cut in the shop! :)

14. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

5 Years with bed sore? You dang right I would be giving it a try. Doctors ::) Over the last 5 months them SOB's have damn near killed me with there stupid medications. Allergic reactions to medicine 3 times that have resulted in me being in the emergency room each time. Problem each time? Allergic reactions to 3 different medications. Yeah, use the Stop Rot. They've had 5 years....give SR one try and see. Can't hurt any worse than 5 years of FAIL.

15. Pinger

Pinger New Member

There are a few other threads about treatment on animals. You should read them. I'm sure Glen gave advice on how to use product. Think I remember something like apply to area and wait until it turns pink and flush and then rinse off. Overnight might be too long. I'm not an expert at anything and I've never used SR but I would closely monitor the area while using product. I'm new to this site but have read allot about this product and very interested in it's possibilities. Good luck and God bless

16. Pinger

Pinger New Member

Oh and I'm pretty sure Glen would say: Be sure to post some pics.

I never knew the man, all my knowledge of him is from what he wrote on here, but it seemed like he was very proud of SR and always curious of what it could do. I wish I could have had the opportunity to meet and talk with this man.

Please share your results, as I too am very curious of this products healing potential.

17. lol, yes, i'll ask her if i can take pics. though i am not sure i'll want to! it's on her bum. where abouts exactly i do not know. i will keep you all updated. i hope to pick some up tomorrow and deliver it to her tomorrow or thursday.

18. DickGJ

DickGJ Speak softly and carry a Big Stick!

If I'm going to buy animals from the for sale section I guess I better stock up on this stuff. I got a mink with slippage on the forehead, and a beautiful black Abert's squirrel that looks like a naked J-bird right now. Sixteen animals and only three with slippage...one fox tail was lost from my own wrong-doing by not splitting the tail I guess. The mink has a 1/4" spot of slippage above the nose. It looks like a loss to me...dang I hate seeing slippage! I'm going to post in the wanted section for a BLACK Abert's since I lost what should have been a beauty...da heck with Ebay purchases. It was stanky when I received it! But to Stop Rot on hand as a rookie!