1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

New England Association of Taxidermists Convention 2010

Discussion in 'Convention Information' started by Fred Barilla, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Fred Barilla

Fred Barilla Member

June 4th through June 6th, 2010
    The <A HREF="http://newenglandtaxidermists.com/">New England Association of Taxidermists</A> Annual Show
    Courtyard by Marriott, Cromwell, CT
    Contact Fred Barilla at (516) 333-9020 or Steve Hackett at (860) 267-4155.

The NEAT Convention / Competition has been scheduled for June 4, 5 and 6, 2010. For those of you who don't know, Steve Hackett and I each will have served 2 terms as President and 2 terms as Vice President. For our final year, we have decided to bring some nostalgia back, by hiring same Competition Judges that we hired for our very first show as Officers of the NEAT.

The NEAT 2010 Judging line-up will consist of the following:

Ken Walker - Lifesize mammals and gameheads
    John Mathews - Whitetails, fish and reptiles
    Brett Kirk - Upland Birds and Waterfowl

I'm sure all would agree that this is truly an ALL-STAR cast!

Our newsletter will be sent out shortly, and will contain more info on NEAT 2010 including our March 2010 Workshop. Until then, I encourage all interested in becoming NEAT members to contact me (516) 333-9020 or Steve Hackett (860) 836-9291 for more information.

Sincerely,

Fred Barilla
    Vice President
    New England Association of Taxidermists
    (516) 333-9020
    [email protected]

2. Re: NEAT 2010 Convention/Competition

You guys could not get any better judges. great job!! In fact those are the same judges that were there for my first show AS A COMPETITIOR IN 2003, I JUDGED FISH AND REPTILES IN 2002. GREAT LINEUP!! IF i AM NOT IN ARIZONA, I WILL BE THERE FOR SURE!!!

3. MRTaxidermy

MRTaxidermy Past President of the N.E.A.T.

Re: NEAT 2010 Convention/Competition

I think it's great that Steve, Fred and the rest of the Board of Directors were able to get these judges.
    Steve and Fred have made the NEAT what it is today, and there's not a better way to Thank' them after all their hard work and dedication. Hats off to both of you!
    The 2010 NEAT Convention, is sure to be a great show and a memorable one indeed.
    If anyone needs information on the show, please check out the NEAT website, which will be updated soon.
    In addition to contacting Steve Hackett or Fred Barilla, you can also contact me.
    Thank you and we hope to see YOU in June!

-Mike Ryan, Secretary for the NEAT.
    [email protected]

4. BillFromPa

BillFromPa Active Member

Wow! I cant wait now! I guess I better start putting some thought into some pieces to bring.

5. Fred Barilla

Fred Barilla Member

Mike,

I knew I forgot something - Your contact info! thanks for posting it.

-Fred

6. MRTaxidermy

MRTaxidermy Past President of the N.E.A.T.

You're welcome Fred! Not a problem.

7. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

Great job guys, I have a few gameheads in the works allready. I'm going to start them at least a month prior to the show instead of 1 week. Ken Walker was a judge at the 2ND show I attended in N.J. Great learning experience from one of the worlds best. This may be turning into one of your best shows, great way to end your terms, Paul

8. Re: NEAT 2010 Convention/Competition

WICKED show,,, as always, good job Fred & Steve and the whole Board.
    I will be there for sure as I will be missing the NY show this year. See you all there and at Rookies at night time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Gregg

9. Wayne R

Wayne R NRA and B&C Life Member

It's been a while since we had those guys for judges at the show. It should be a blast. It won't be the same without Fred and Steve at the helm.

10. Re: NEAT 2010 Convention/Competition

Thanks everyone for the kind words. This has been a great 8 years and Myself and Fred.We would like to thank everyone for their support and help in bringing the NEAT to were it is today. When we took over we had Approx 27 members. and had to cross our fingers at the end of each show to see if we had enough to pay for it. I am Proud to say that with the hard work and devotion of the Board of Directors and Membership we are over 100 members strong from over 10 states. Every year we get more and more NEW members. The quality of work at the show seems to get better and better, the seminars are 2nd to none and the supplier room is full. But most important is the friends we make!!! I want everyone to know that it doesn't end here. We have several BODs ready and willing to step in and take the reigns. As always Myself and Fred will always be members and will only be a phone call away. I look forward to this last show as President and to work as hard as I can to make it the best it can be for my members/Friends.
    I also look forward to next year when I can come as a member to a great NEAT show.
    Thanks every one who has supported this outstanding association.
    I look forward to see you all in June

Steve Hackett
    President

PS Ken if you don't mind could you please add our show to the show schedule Thanks

11. GBRUCH

GBRUCH "I am nothing without christ".....John 15:5

I am gonna try hard to come by and visit with you guys this summer.
    I haven't seen Brett since he moved back west.

12. Re: NEAT 2010 Convention/Competition

Wow Steve 8 years ,, Sure seems like you have been there 20 years ;) You and Fred Have done above and beyond the call of your job. You 2 and the rest of the board did it from your heart. Big shoes to fill, but I think I here MATT calling. He would make a GREAT pres....... See you all June.
    Gregg
    your freind from NY

13. JOHNNY B

JOHNNY B New Member

fantastic job
    this years show will be great
    wonderfull judges
    and just being there with a great group of hard working people
    kids have a bunch of mounts already started
    cant wait for the show
    JOHNNY B

14. Fred Barilla

Fred Barilla Member

New England Association of Taxidermists 2010 Countdown!!

Hello Everyone,

Now is the time to mark your calendars if you haven't already! the NEAT Convention/Competition 2010 will be held on JUNE 4, 5, & 6 2010 at the Courtyard by Marriott in Cromwell, CT. We are poised to have our greatest show on record this June.

NEAT 2010 Judges include a World Class Lineup Consisting of:

John Matthews (whitetails, fish & reptiles),
    Ken Walker (mammals and gameheads) and
    Brett Kirk (Birds & Waterfowl).

Seminars will run for 2 entire days encompassing the entire spectrum of taxidermy education, including fish, form alterations, birds, gameheads, and much more.

As always, our Friday night Hospitality Room is legendary, as NEAT Officers, BODs, members, suppliers and seminarians engage in a casual atmosphere where the the FREE food, drinks and shop-talk flow until the wee hours of Saturday morning!

On Saturday we keep the fun going with more seminars, a fantastic auction, raffles, door prizes and FREE givaways leading up our Electric Awards Banquet presented in conjunction with a Power Point slide show of our 2010 winners!

The NEAT is a family-oriented organization that has become widely known as one of the most rapid growing Regional Taxidermy and Wildlife Art Associations in the Northeast. We have grown to approximately 120 members who represent a large percentage of the Entire Northeast. Our members hail not only from our New England States; but also New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Montana and Minnessota.

Each year The NEAT Officers and BOD work tirelessly to reach out to, and welcome many newcomers to our organization. I am proud to say that our efforts and the loyalty of our members have yielded a solid group comprised of dedicated newcomers and Taxidermy Veterans alike.

Please don't delay in contacting us to lean more about our fine organization, the NEAT.

Sincerely,

Fred Barilla
    Vice President
    (516) 333-9020
    [email protected]dermy.com

15. scott wilkinson

scott wilkinson Member

Re: New England Association of Taxidermists 2010 Countdown!!

Fred;
    I sure hope I can make it this year! You guys put on a top notch convention, good luck and best wishes to NEAT board on your show!!

Scott Wilkinson
    President United Taxidermist of New York

16. Cathy

Cathy N.E.A.T President

I'll be there!
    Cathy

17. gobble 4 me

gobble 4 me New Member

Cant wait! You guys have a great show every year. Your show is one i really look forward to. See you guys there, Bill D.

18. JOHNNY B

JOHNNY B New Member

I WILL ALSO BE THERE
    ALWAYS HAVE A GREAT TIME AT YOUR SHOW
    CANT WAIT
    JOHN BOLLMANN

19. Re: New England Association of Taxidermists 2010 Countdown!!

I cant believe its almost here again, and I thought I was way ahead with my mount this year.....not.

I am looking forward to seeing everyone. This is going to be a great show.

Matt.

20. Re: New England Association of Taxidermists 2010 Countdown!!

ALmost time to start my mount, LOL really, Always a great show, see you all there.
    Gregg & Julia