1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

New England Association of Taxidermists Convention 2010

Discussion in 'Convention Information' started by Fred Barilla, Oct 16, 2009.

1. EA

EA Well-Known Member

Re: Some NEAT show photos

Cool pics..Nice mounts All .

2. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Very nice!

3. bnoody

bnoody Member

Re: New England Association of Taxidermists 2010 Countdown!!

I wanted to thank the NEAT organization for running a great show. I have never competed in an atmosphere where everyone was so helpful a friendly. It was a great example of what our industries competitions should strive for. The quality of work at this show was outstanding and really motivating. I had a great time and learned a lot along the way. Being my first year in the organization I also got to meet a great group people. It has been 20 years since I have competed, but I will definitely be back and look forward to participating with this group in the future.

If there are others in the northeast interested in trying a competition, they should really consider joining this group. I think a lot of taxidermists in our area would have a great time and learn a lot along the way.

4. ElkinsTaxidermy

ElkinsTaxidermy www.ronelkinstaxidermy.com

Looks like there were some strong pieces!!

5. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

Very cool mounts to all. I really like the largemouth going after the frog.

6. Ray Vosseller

Ray Vosseller New Member

Some nice looking workmenship great job to all ::)

7. deerhunt1985

deerhunt1985 Only dead fish go with the flow

NICE pictures, good job to all the competitors

8. ryan rhodes

ryan rhodes Active Member

Had a great time and met some great new friends! Can't wait till next year. Good to be back on the board!

9. DOUG H

DOUG H Member

All i can say is wow! Thanks to everyone in the neat assn!

10. aztaxidermy

aztaxidermy double lungsville bang'em n hang'em

CT

Great looking mounts

11. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Wayne, was that your bear in the background? I'd hoped to see it up close.

12. RumRunner

RumRunner Nicholas Dugas, (337) 205-1269

nice mounts, all of them

13. Wayne R

Wayne R NRA and B&C Life Member

George, I posted a photo of it in the lifesize section. Thanks for asking.

14. Re: Some NEAT show photos

ooo I like that baby bunny

15. after the shot

after the shot N.E.A.T. Board Member

Thanks for sharing Wayne. It was a pleasure seeing you again. Your Grizz is a beautiful mount.

16. after the shot

Brian, Thanks for attending and sharing your fantastic work with us. Congrats on all of the hardware. I felt like i was calling out your name most of the evening, Saturday. lol. Also thank you for the kind words about our association and convention. We strive to try to run a fun family oriented weekend packed with information.

Ryan,
    Glad to have you back on the BOD.

Rick,
    Although I didnt have the honor to meet you personally, I would like to thank you for your generousity. The gentleman that won it at auction is fairly new to taxidermy and this is a great opportunity for him to learn from one of the best.

To all others. Thank you for a great show. Although we do our best to run the show the way we do, it is our membership and their passion for the art and industry that make it a success. I personally feel that the officers and board are only a small part of what makes our show a great success every year.

17. Re: Some NEAT show photos

Good looking work........I really like the Kudu piece. Very nice.

18. bnoody

bnoody Member

Thanks Scott, it has been a long time since I have been critiqued by a group of my peers. I'm glad you liked some of the work I brought along. There was a lot of great work at the show. I was really impressed with the quality of work in all categories at this show. It just demonstrates what a great job this organization has done helping everyone improve.

Next year I will have to bring the kids along. I told my daughters about the show and the oldest is already saying she wants to do a piece for next years show. It is the first time I ever heard her express a desire to learn taxidermy! :)

19. after the shot

Thats Great. My son mounted the fox. He has been helping me in the shop since he was 2 1/2.He mounted his first animal at 5 and has been on a roll ever since. Hes already bugging me to let him start his next piece. We need to get more kids involved. We may even have a kids seminar next year.