1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Numbers down?

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by MarkTanner, Oct 16, 2009.

1. MarkTanner

MarkTanner Nothing could be finer than to be in Carolina.

Hey guys, I'm just wondering if any of you are noticing a drop in the number of mounts coming in? I haven't taken the first deer in yet and we're a week into rifle. Granted it's rained all week. Still, It's not the best of times finacially. i wonder what's gonna happen this yr?

2. Mason

Mason Active Member

Might be like a few years back. Once everything gets a lil better off. You will get a bunch of frozen heads folks had in thier freezers, till they could afford the down money.
    Hope they start rollin in soon for Ya!

Ron

3. zubba

zubba New Member

I don't want to jinx myself, but I couldn't be happier with my October. Granted, this is only my 2nd year open to the public, but I just took my 3rd whitetail in this morning. So 3 deer & 2 bear so far is way better than last year for me. I don't think I got anything until the 1st week of November last year. I hope things continue for me & turn around for you.

4. Im hopin it goes well this year but I see a loss in numbers.

5. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

I'll tell you in a couple months. Way too early to panic. Poor weather last year led to a small decrease in numbers for me, but this year I expect those numbers to climb right back up to where they were in 2007 when I had my biggest year to date.

6. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Not bad here. Rifle season doesn't start till November 7th, but been getting in steady work. Just go another one (elk) about an hour ago

7. ed150

ed150 deer city time

been real good hear so far,nov. will tell the story for the year for us

8. Almost done with last years deer (3 left) just counted my W/O's I have 137 on the books, Out of state stuff is starting to roll in, and Hogs should start coming anytime. Also just picked up a Safari with 23 animals, I really have not seen a drop in work coming in, But collecting final payment is becoming more difficult.

9. nitt

nitt Member

I know my bear numbers are down but just like many said think people are holdn um till they can save the money with the economical situation now who knows what will happen I know my cousin has a game ranch and this is the first year out of 10 yrs he hasnt had a hunter in a two week period. Hope the good ol USA can get things straightend out soon and figure a way to get more americans workin so they can spend the money.

10. TIM DUNCAN

TIM DUNCAN surry county va

nothing here yet we have been open for 16 days in VA for bow but it has been warm starting to cool off there coming

11. In my area every year many of those that take deer in the early season freeze the head in hope of getting something bigger before the close of season. Then I get flooded in the last week and spend every free moment caping in the interest of freezer space.

12. Matt

Matt Active Member

Good here, more wts in at this time than last year including 2 over 200", 8 elk in with 3 more coming tomorrow. Alot of other things coming in as well. I just started my spring turkeys today!(LOL)

13. I am ahead of normal for our archery season. The November gun season will be here soon and then I will see what kind of numbers I get in.

Bruce

14. rayray38821

rayray38821 New Member

no deer here our season open oct. 1st

15. I am steady just over what I took in last year at this time.

16. Bobbi Meyer

Bobbi Meyer I luv to ride my tricycle, I luv to ride my trike

nothing here either, bow season opened Sept. 15.
    I've already resigned myself to the fact it is probably gonna be slim pickins this year.
    Glad I have a primary job.

17. KAMoHunter

KAMoHunter Proud member of the WVTA

im way up from last year. season just opened today in WV for bow and rifle isn't until the week of thanksgiving. hope it gets better for you.

18. Bobbi Meyer

Bobbi Meyer I luv to ride my tricycle, I luv to ride my trike

keeping my fingers crossed. If not, my kids will have slim pickins at christmas.

19. Kevin M.

Kevin M. Active Member

Best Oct. yet for me.

20. Heath Cline

Heath Cline Well-Known Member

Ohio
    I have more than ever had this early in the season. I got 4 over 200# including the 206" typical frame buck that I posted already. Bow season has only been in for a few weeks & looking good so far. I didn't know what to expect this year with the economy but looking good so far. I guess hunters have money for the things they want.