1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

California Association of Taxidermists Art Show Competition 2010

Discussion in 'Convention Information' started by markdias, Oct 19, 2009.

1. YOU SUCK.... ;D
    Working on bases all day today, a deer tomorrow, a goose the next day. Dammit, ONE of these gotta be good enough to take. The fallow aint good enough, nor the buffalo, lifesize ram or coyote. Or maybe I am just being paranoid.... never entered in the gamehead catagory and I am scared of the open division....

2. AFWS

AFWS The lost Robertson

Take what you think is the WORST mount ;D SERIOUSLY. I took five things this year and picked out what I thought was the BEST to the WORST ;D it was completely the opposite ::)

3. My first show was just like that. I took all I had lying around, and the things I didnt thing were any good placed the highest.
    This year, I want some good advise from the judges. I want to take something I think is perfect so I can have the things pointed out I didnt see. All I have now has flaws that will damn them from the start, and I already know what i did and how to correct it. Guess I am being too hard on myself, I just know I can do better.

At least I am getting my freezers clean out of all this specimens I have been wanting to mount!

4. Anna,
    Just relax and don't stress,you will do fine. ;)

5. STRESS???? ME???? ;D ;D ;D

I'm buying the fist round Friday..... ;)

6. Hey Anna,

19 DAYS left.

7. thats enough time to starrt a whole new bird right? :p

8. Thanks, Bill.... ;)

Ha! Finished a mount today... Looks like I finally got one good enough to take..... Lets see how it dries...... ;D

9. Card well and breath! you guys are stressing me out LOL

10. Judysan

Judysan The Roadkill Queen

Bringing back memories of when you were a new guy?

11. This poor little deer I mounted is clamped to my table in my house and dont go more than an hour without me touvhing it.... STRESS? he he he.... Heck, I carved out the nasel cavity so far you can see it's brain...... ;D

12. is that all your taking is one wittle wet deer or do you have something else up your sleve.

13. Ah,... you kow me too well.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I have two sleeves..... ;)

14. Judysan

There's probably something up your pant leg too! HA Can't wait to see what you come up with this year.

15. 14 days till show time, Are you ready people.

16. Judysan

I still have 2 week-ends!!!

17. I dont think I will ever be ready! ;)

18. Anna,
    Even if your not ready you can still see me get my A$$ handed to me with mine.

19. Aw, come on Bill! This year's gonna be diffrent for you. Now me,.... I have never entered a gamehead,... and for good reason. I will get my a$$ chewed off then handed to me in pieces.

20. Judy it is bringing back memories. The stress this year is a whole lot like my first show, yet; very different. It has been a challenging year to make sure this is going to be
    a great show as well as trying to get a lot of items back on track.
    Bill / Anna, You guys know the routine and i am pretty confident that what you have learned will show in your work. Remember it may only be a couple point improvement which is average, If they are more that makes it that much nicer. I really don't see anything south getting removed by the judges.
    Relax and remember Sunday morning is not that far away! LOL