1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

California Association of Taxidermists Art Show Competition 2010

Discussion in 'Convention Information' started by markdias, Oct 19, 2009.

1. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

Is the website still down? I never was able to get info on the seminars, even after calling and emailing. All I was told was the cost to enter. I asked for a packet to be sent to me, but it never came.

2. Fri,
    Jim Marieiro - Carving a fish from wood 2-4
    Sat,
    Rick Crane - Painting a largemouth/smallie reproduction. 8-12
    Erich Carter - antler & horn molding,repair,& staining. 9:30-12
    Gary McDaniel - Glass case for Rick Crane's fish. 1-2:30
    M. Paul Gery - Habitat for Ricks fish. 2:30-4

Sun,
    Greg Broomfield - Mounting ??? 8-12
    Jan van Housen - Mounting ???
    Bob Ulshafer - Altering a sheep shoulder form 1-3

3. boarhunter67

Thanks Bill.

4. Boar hunter there are some misprints on what Bill typed
    Go to www.caltaxidermy.net in the upper left portion you will see 2010 schedule, that has the list of the entire agenda.( Its a PDF Format)
    Also; there are no specific information packages, that is why nothing was sent. If you called me I am sure you got all the information and then some to give you a better understanding, if you did not, I wish you would have called back.
    The ony thing I could have emailed was an entry form. If we did talk I'm sorry I did not get the impression you wanted entry forms.

5. boarhunter67
    Every thing I typed is the same as what is on the pdf page the only Difference is on the flyer that went out
    They did not know what seinar 7 & 8 were going to consist of or it wasn't on the flyer.
    Hope you can make it.

6. boarhunter67

Is there a daily price I could pay and attend all the seminars or do I have to pay for each one separately?

7. playinpossum

playinpossum New Member

oh man.....reading all these posts about entering things is getting me scared! I wanted to entered something but I am having second thoughts. :-\ The notice on the website read you guys needed help setting up Friday morning....can anyone help even if they aren't a member yet?

8. Its alot easier than you thik registering your mounts is easy everyones nice and helpful and they could use the help setting up, dont worry about not being a memeber theyll use anyone they can get ;)

9. Judysan

Judysan The Roadkill Queen

Hey, Play. Bring something to enter. You'll be sorry if you don't. I learn so much from the judges critiques! Most of them are totally masters, and they can tell you how to improve and how to fix stuff. Just do your best on your mount, and don't worry about getting a ribbon, etc. It's all fun.

10. playinpossum

playinpossum New Member

Ok, you talked me into it! I just want to have fun and learn. Thanks! ;D

11. As stated above do attend and enter something, it is a great tool.
    Please come by early, we should be setting up by 9am, It sounds like your going to become a member when it comes time to register.
    Start early and begin meeting folks right off the bat.
    See You there

12. Ok, ready or not... and mostly not,.... here I come! Me and the daughter are getting up early and heading down in the RV.... SEE YA ALL THERE! ;D

13. klstet21

klstet21 New Member

Hey everyone,
    For those of us who couldn't make it, keep us posted on how you guys did. I am very anxious to know how things went for you guys.

14. trapperfred

trapperfred New Member

i didnt get to make it so pictures would be nice =]

15. Pics from the California State Show

Had tons of fun, but getting home at 1am sucked.... ;)

The show had a great turn out, and LOTS of public viewers. Looks like our shows are getting better, and I cant wait till next year!

Here is my daughter's sheep (bad lighting,... oops....)
    [​IMG]

My ram
    [​IMG]

My crappy deer
    [​IMG]

My yote pup
    [​IMG]

and some other mounts....... (not mine, of course!)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. EA

EA Well-Known Member

Re: Pics from the California State Show

Nice mounts..Glad you had a good time. An interest that both you and the kids can enjoy together in a special thing.

17. Judysan

Judysan The Roadkill Queen

Here's mine

Attached Files:

18. Re: Pics from the California State Show

I got some in my camera
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Kim Owens

Kim Owens Are we there yet?

We just got home ourselves. It was a wonderful show. We want to thank the kind people of California for their hospitality- as always, ya'll are a class act! I have 6 pictures of different quail I will sell for $305- anyone interested? LOL

20. Re: Pics from the California State Show

some more

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]