1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

California Association of Taxidermists Art Show Competition 2010

Discussion in 'Convention Information' started by markdias, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Smeja

Smeja New Member

i must be missing the thread that shows all the pictures and tells us about how everything went?

i too was unable to make it. as close as it was to me all of 30 minutes away i just could not brake away from turkey hunting to make it to the show

2. trophyquest

trophyquest New Member

Re: Pics from the California State Show

old rawhide. post a picture of your blacktail so i can show my wife, he was one of nicest heads there. Great work.

3. Judysan

Judysan The Roadkill Queen

http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php?topic=209524.0

4. Judysan

Here's some 'room' shots

Attached Files:

5. Judysan

a couple more that I liked. Sorry, I don't have names. If someone sees their piece, let me know so I can label stuff. Have more but got to get to work.

Attached Files:

6. PWS

PWS Active Member

Canine group - Harry Pelton

Sculpin & Crappie - Dave Rooney (first/only person with 3 Master awards, now first & only person with all FOUR Master awards!!)

Dall - Roger Sambueso

Wood Duck - ME!!!

7. PWS

PWS Active Member

After all the trouble Danny went to buy them?? hahahaha!!!

8. playinpossum

playinpossum New Member

I just want to thank EVERYONE there who made this event so great! This was the first time for everything for me....the show, the seminars....everything. I had such a great time and learned so much from some really wonderful people. When I got there on Friday to register I walked in to take a peek at what other people had brought in for the novice division.....I walked in and went "OMG!" :eek: and walked right back out. "These people are going to laugh at me and my duck!" I must have walked back and forth to the registration table 6 times, talking myself out of it each time. Well, I ended up with a thrid place! I actually got tears in my eyes when I saw that ribbon lying next to my duck!!!!! I was SO excited I didn't sleep at all that night! I also want to thank Mr. Danny Owens for spending time with me to go over my duck and give me pointers. What an extraordinary person he is. I can't wait to start on a new bird this year and put all his suggestions to work! Thanks again to everyone! ;D

9. Kim Owens

Kim Owens Are we there yet?

I'll have him eating out of my hand for at least 2 weeks for that one! When we got home I went on-line and checked out what those would cost if we ordered them- $15 a piece! He said the autographed magazine covers are what made it worth the price he paid. Oh well, it was fun and he said it was cheap entertainment for the people that were there. The real secret is there was a pocket watch that I wanted to buy for Danny but it went on the raffle. I bought it back from the young man that won it for $100. After looking at it I should have offered him about $25! I guess Danny and I really are as stupid as we look.

10. Re: Pics from the California State Show

Love that crappie mount!

Bruce

11. Glass eye

Glass eye Active Member

I really enjoyed meeting everyone there but I didn't get my monies worth on the seminars. I missed nearly all of them because I had to divide my time between the show and visiting family. Most of my family lives in Sacramento and I live an eleven hour drive from there. I was looking forward to watching Danny mount a quail but that's when all my family showed up to go out for lunch.
    Here's my two birds

Attached Files:

12. Glass eye

Glass eye Active Member

Bandtail

Attached Files:

13. Re: Pics from the California State Show

Belive it or not.I didn't take any pictures of my mount at the show at all.After i done all i thinking about was driving 7 hrs home.Here some after i got to the shop.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]