1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

"Here Bunny Bunny ... Here RABBIT!"

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by LordRusty, Oct 20, 2009.

1. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    I guess he's keeping an "eye" on the Rabbit in his paws! :eek:
    [​IMG]
    Not looking too good here! ::)
    [​IMG]
    Oh ... maybe they're friends? :-\
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    No, no ... the Rabbit was definitely "fast food" ... but obviously not fast enough! :( :eek:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. omg! lol. Was the zoo giving the lion the live rabbit for enrichment purposes? look mommy a bunny, CHOMP lol

3. There goes Easter!

4. As a person who has two house rabbits looking at me as I type, that pic kinda made me sad a little.
    Poor lil guy.
    lol

5. Oh god, the lion's face in the first pic LOL "o_O"

6. Those are crazy!! LOL ::)

7. No, that looks a wild cotton tail to me.

8. bear_country01

bear_country01 Active Member

Thats a pretty sad ending :( :eek:

9. ShedEgo

ShedEgo New Member

Haha!! look how happy the lion is :)

10. mdupertuis

mdupertuis Active Member

I have a pet rabbit too, feel sorry for the little guy. I have a bunch of cats he could have to eat instead!

11. LordRusty

Ohio
    Well, it's obviously not a "pet" rabbit. Remember this picture I posted a while back of a crane that flew into the Lion enclosure in China?
    [​IMG]
    That was a zoo bird that got itself into trouble there. This was obviously a "wild" Cottontail that strayed where no Rabbit should ever stray, and it paid the ultimate price.

What this is, is the literal game of "Cat and Mouse" ... on a much larger scale.

I mean, when I found this set of pictures I could see the fear in the Rabbit's eyes in a couple of the photos ... yeah I felt bad for the poor little guy ... but no one person did that ... the Wascally Wabbit did it to itself.

I know whenever we go to the zoo, any zoo, I'm always spotting local wildlife running through the park ... Squirrels, Chipmunks, Rabbits, even the occasional Woodchuck! Think about it ... with all the feed for the animals, and all the food tossed by the two-legged animals that wander the park, is it any wonder local wildlife considers it a regular buffet?

And this sort of thing happens more frequently than you could imagine! I've asked keepers about the wildlife running around getting into enclosures one time at Cincy Zoo, and I was told they get in "More times then you know!" It is only on the rare occasions, such as this, that someone is able to capture it on film!

Sure it's sad ... but in the Animal Kingdom only the strong and the smartest survive. ;)

John.

12. i remember one time i saw a squirrel get snatched up by a mandrill at the columbus zoo, it was over real quick. he took his prize to the corner and played with it awhile.

13. Kyle Lakey

Kyle Lakey Active Member

I guess he never learned the lesson don't play with your food, lol. Mother nature is a *itch ain't she. WCL

14. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

That first picture loses points because the eyes aren't symmetrical.

15. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

As well as the last two for being in "poor taste".

16. ed150

ed150 deer city time

now thats funny

17. elkevo

elkevo Tailgate Bucks

wonder what a communist liberal in there with that lion would like like in few minutes Ha Ha

18. LordRusty

Ohio
    Ha Ha ... too bad you don't realize that a Communist can't be a Liberal. Yeah, you're hilarious!

John.

19. Jessa W.

Jessa W. New Member

I know! What a look !!