1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Season is here, Would anyone care to post.....

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by *, Oct 26, 2009.

1. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

What your Print ads look like ????
    Newspaper, Magazine , etc
    Post a Link to a PDF or JPG if they are big
    I and others would like to see them.
    Thanks
    DENNIS
    I'd like to see your ideas and what you've done this year.

2. mk

mk -30 below

IL
    MK"s taxidermy

deerhead special ....$195 turnaround 2 weeks! :D

3. *

Got it, your picture is your ad ;D

TWO WEEKS......One LOW PRICE ;D

Attached Files:

4. mk

mk -30 below

IL
    LMAO. I'm gonna get all the work this year Baby, oh yeah. ;D

5. osage

osage New Member

if youre good you dont need adds enough said

6. *

MMMMMM O

If your good you really wouldn't need... let's see.....business cards.....ADVERTISING, Website..... ADVERTISING, Brochure...ADVERTISING, Price List....ADVERTISING.
    Go to Shows....ADVERTISING, A showroom.....ADVERTISING. MMMMMMMM

That's interesting but I can't follow that theory with these changing times and the changing economy , It's a good thought but these days you better keep your name out there MORE and MORE.

7. Missouri Creek Studio

Missouri Creek Studio Black buck Walnut pedestal

My currrent billboard

Attached Files:

8. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

I'm raising my price to 60,000.00 That way I figure I only have to do one. If I do two, then I can go on vacation.

By the way, you can NEVER over advertise IMO. Especially when much of it is FREE! Or at least very cheap.

9. Ron B

Ron B Life Sucks.....Then comes the death roll!!!!

Alabama
    I don't advertise at all. Not even a yard sign. I have in my younger years tried the paper, displays in sporting goods and Wal-mart, even the radio. And to my knowledge all that only got me ONE customer that I can verify. All my business seems to come word of mouth. If I were going to advertise it would be towards the higher end types....safari's ect. , and would probably be internet and networking SCI meeting and such in person.

10. mk

mk -30 below

IL
    I`m gonna make a homemade weatherballon and have my wife pretened to be inside it, then have it magically lift off, and call the authorities saying she`s trapped inside, by doing this i will be on every news channel and people will know about mk`s taxidermy.

11. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Today there were 5 Vultures in the walnut tree out in the "BEAN FIELD". People were stopping by thinking that they were Golden Eagles. I called the news station. Got all kinds of FREE press. TV crews too!! LOL

12. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

[​IMG]

13. Osage, you need to advertise, enough said. :eek:

14. James Marsico

James Marsico Well-Known Member

Coca Cola and Pepsi, Ford, GM and many other household name companies still spend millions on advertising' why? because it works, But remember they sell a product that can be bought off the shelf on impulse. For taxidermy we sell a service that must be waited on and may never be needed. Direct mail to hunters and booths at gun, sports type shows are the top producers, IF done right. Radio and walmart type displays and most newspaper ads for taxidermy are equal to wasting time and wiping your butt with money. Magazine adds only work if you can commit very long term to them and follow up with show booth presence, I am talking a five year plan at least. It takes "alot"of business brought in for them to pay for themselves. A clean shop, at least most of the time :) and a nice showroom and good personal presence are always vital.

15. Missouri Creek Studio

Missouri Creek Studio Black buck Walnut pedestal

Jim is 100% correct. The big well known companies advertise constantly to retain their market share. The key is constant. We use flyer's printed on glossy photo paper, do the sporting shows, local print media (newspapers) and the phone directory's. Our billboard is located by a stoplight on a major city and state route. To the south is a high end sporting goods store.. to the North is Wal-Mart. It is lighted at night and has a daily traffic count of over 50,000.
    We take advantage of free media coverage when a sportsman brings in an large or unusual mount. Our web site allows potential "price shopping callers " to view our work on-line.
    If you fail to plan ahead for your business..you're planning to fail.
    The cheap taxidermists get loaded up...poor quality and turnaround time. They realize on price cutting instead of advertising and marketing.

16. piatt

piatt Member

here's mine, im just a small guy though ;D. and for me advertising in the newspaper really matters, but word of mouth is still bigger and better. :)

jeff

Attached Files:

17. A- Fish

A- Fish Stehling's Taxidermy

We change up our advertising quite a bit, but here is our most recent.

[​IMG]

18. Mike,

I didn't know the MAD was for Mike at Dan's Taxidermy. I just always figured it was because you were, well, crazy MAD! LOL
    Bruce

19. gab

gab Active Member

Dennis
    i'll send you some of mine and you can post if you want to,I don't know how

20. tomdes

tomdes Me my dear and Fall BAZZ!!!

mk,

Do your customers leave their $195 heads with that old drunk on the porch? He's got 3 fingers up, does that mean 3 week turn around, and not 2? liar... lmao!!