1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Shop Pic (I hate the rain)

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by HOLMES, Oct 30, 2009.

1. HOLMES

HOLMES Active Member

Still coming down. It shouldnt get in the shop and Ive got everything moved out of that overhang now but it still sucks.

Attached Files:

• fish.JPG
      fish.JPG
      File size:
      57.1 KB
      Views:
  2. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

Ours finally quit. Ended up calling the neighbor to bring over his big tractor to move a round bale for me. Had hay here but was having to buy squares in the feed store because I couldn't get to it for the mud/water.

Keep those boats handy and stay safe there.

3. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Well looks like you can launch the boat before long. ;D

4. Gatorjaw

Gatorjaw New Member

If it gets any worse I am going to specialize in fish! LOL!

5. AFWS

AFWS The lost Robertson

He won't even need to launch it,it'll float right off the trailer ;D was that from yesterdays bad weather ???

6. HOLMES

HOLMES Active Member

Yes. Ive moved it all out now and its a little worse. We got dumped on hard again last night. The shops going to stay dry inside though and that s the most important.

7. We're getting it now in Michigan Holmes. Been raining hard all day here and expected to get 1-2" tonight. My shop floods sometimes when we get heavy rain so I'm always prepared by getting anything off the floor that may get wrecked.

8. Marc A

Marc A Beaver Creek Taxidermy

Holmes, are you near the Quachita River ?

9. HOLMES

HOLMES Active Member

White River

10. Little Buffalo river was up to the road last night when I came home from a tribal meeting... thats close to 20 feet over normal.. Crooked Creek was about 10 feet out of the banks at normal level this am....

Other small creeks are coming up and Holmes is going floating from his house if things dont change......

That sucks!! If yu need a place to work just yell.

11. HOLMES

HOLMES Active Member

Your right John. The lakes are climbing like a sob............

12. HOLMES

HOLMES Active Member

My ode to the White River and the rain.................

Rain Rain what the fluck.
    If you were a man I mess you up.
    Pack your bags and dont come back.
    Please dont let the river get over the railroad track.......

13. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Is this flood number 3?

14. HOLMES

HOLMES Active Member

this isnt a flood. It wont get in the building. The other 2 got over the door knob.

FEMA claims that if you have 2 claims in 10 years they will buy out the building. They counted the 2 in 08 as one because they happend 3 weeks apart.

15. Russ of V.O.W.T

Russ of V.O.W.T my Ken Edwards moment

Brian, i thought about you and the floods as the waters were all over our town too, we had it bad here again, but it didnt get into my shop either, got up to the bottom of the outside walls, but didnt creep in, ours is flash flooding, and recedes pretty quick, but you already knew that from our previous talks about this LOL you need anything yell, you know my number.

16. elkevo

elkevo Tailgate Bucks

I seem to remember you flooding out last year also. It would be time to take to higher ground I would say or that idea of FEMA buying you out is a better way yet.