1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Taxidermy.Net Forum Junkie?

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by mooser, Sep 19, 2006.

1. TOTAL

37 vote(s)
    60.7%
  2. PARTIAL

22 vote(s)
    36.1%
  3. NOT AT ALL

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  1. If so, me too. This is quite addicting. Hats off to Ken Edwards and who ever else is involved. The new site is truly helpful and entertaining.
    If your not a junkie, give it time and you will be.

2. Nina Lukaszewicz

Nina Lukaszewicz Outdoor Dreams Taxidermy

I try to log on here every few hours, every day. I'm addicted lol

3. EJ

EJ Proud Member of: Unaffiliated, Free Agent

I know what you mean. I work 2nd shift behind a computer. I would come in, log on and just maximize and minimize explorer all night. I got to looking at the stats and seen I was about to catch Ken on hours spent on here. I had to make myself stay away for the weekend!

4. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

my excuse is that I am killing time recovering from surgery and cant work. Plus I am learning everything from Stop Rot to who has the strangest religious paradigms. Entertainment with trade secrets to boot! Helping if I can, always soaking up tips.

5. redsquirel

redsquirel New Member

I'm new as of last week and I'm already addicted!!!!! :p

6. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

I don't watch TV at night anymore...no way it could be as entertaining as Taxidermy.net!!! First thing, 5:00 AM its a cup of coffee, the obituaries (to make sure I'm still here, I guess!), then I scan this site, No more computer time til mid-morning break, then mid-afternoon break, and always after supper for a while...I'd say that's addicted!!!

7. I added a karma to all of you for admitting yourTaxidermy.Net JUNKIES!!!! Keep it up.

8. Kastaway

Kastaway Taxidermist, Pioneer of Freeze Drying 1969

This is where I start off my morning with my cup of coffee. I check it a few times a day, and am lost without it. Wish I had this at my disposal when I was just starting off. Taxidermy knowledge flows so easy now, not like in the OLD Days! Today a beginner taxidermist has such a jump on methods and materials it is not funny. Knowledge is a great thing, especially when you have a great place like this to find more. Ken will always be remember for a great service he started.

9. Are you getting pumped about your SD antelope hunt?

10. Kastaway

Kastaway Taxidermist, Pioneer of Freeze Drying 1969

Yes it will be great to get away. How did you know I was going!

11. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

Yep, didn't realize I was a junkie until about two weeks ago when my computer was down. Just like you don't realize how often you turn the water on or try to use electricity on 'til they are off.
    So Ken, with all these junkies you've created, when are you going to start TNA (TaxidermyNet Anonymous)? LOL

12. Tom Cruickshank

Tom Cruickshank The History Channel says I'm "creepy"!!

I'll admit it. It sunk in when I went on a hunt in Montana last December, and had to check in. It was on a dial up connection! The HORRORS!! When I go to Texas thiss December, I'll have to stop and see Becky and use her computer! ;D

13. Try going cross country and checking at every hotel business center. True Junkie and proud of it.
    Thanks Ken for providing the one place for all of us to meet and talk!

14. Becky P

Uh, Crusty, I hate to break it you, but I'm on...dial up. I know, it's horrible, but hey, at least I CAN get here.
    I am checking into Clearwire. According to their little coverage map, I can't get it, but when I spoke to them they said that I should be able to. They are going to come out and see if they can get a signal. And if they can, I'll be cruisin at high speed. LOL I don't know if that will be good or bad, I can look up stuff faster, but then I might stay longer. LOL

15. luv2fish

luv2fish New Member

I've been coming here for6 years. My wife asks me what I am looking at on the net. Before I can even answer her she says "I know it's that taxidermy site." If thats not a junkie I don't know what is. :D :D :D Scott

16. I hear ya'll on this I work a full-time job and can get on and off all day but at night I am in the shop no internet!! So I have to wait and get on when we get home while hubby is in the shower and I wait my turn its taxidermy. net!!

Maybe for Christmas I will ask to get the net in the shop and maybe a laptop too!! ;)

Kim Collins
    Bubba's Taxidermy

17. fesekula

fesekula Active Member

Yes, I am a junkie for 4 years now. I know I could get a lot more work done if I would just have the strength to turn this time killer off. I quit drinking with no problem but taxidermy.net is just to addicting. LOL

18. I'm on here every morning and evening plus 4-5 times a day in between.
    Just how do you stay off a site with so much Information.

19. B KENNEDY

B KENNEDY “THE YOUNG GUN”

OHIO
    I wake up turn on the computer and it is my home page. When breakfast is over I turn it of and get to work. Then lunch comes around and I’m right back in here. After I get my daughter to bed I’m right back on. Are there taxidermy.net anonymous meetings? LOL
    My wife thinks it is a sickness.

20. Becky P

B Kennedy, I asked Ken when he was going to start thoses meetings. I guess he just wants to see how many junkies he can create. But worse...what if he decided to pull the plug on us!? Ahhg, the withdrawls, I don't even want to think about it. LOL