1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What to charge for European mount?

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by dasmoofler, Nov 2, 2009.

1. dasmoofler

dasmoofler New Member

Hi folks,

Last year I did a European mount of a Pronghorn for a friend. With help from this forum it turned out great - he said it's much better than another one he had proffesionally done. So here it is a year later and he's back from Montana with a white tail and another pronghorn that he would like me to do. I will gladly do for free them but he insists on paying me. That's cool, but I have no idea what to charge. I hope I'm not being too nosey, but could someone tell me what the going rate for something like this would be? This is just to do the skull, no mounting plaque.

P.S. for those that remember me the racoon skeleton is ready for assembly!

Thanks,

John

2. jbnf

jbnf New Member

This will bring up the whole price debate again but I am at $125 for whitetail euros. No Plaque.

3. 3maytaxidermy

3maytaxidermy New Member

I am at $100 on a euro with a plaque.

4. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

$150.00

includes 3 pc. solid oak or walnut panel.

5. dasmoofler

dasmoofler New Member

Thanks folks. I suppose $50 would be a great price. Like I said, I just do it for fun and for friends. Not trying to undercut anyone that does it for a living.

6. ndindy

ndindy New Member

$100 for deer and antelope, cleaned through whitened. I don't do any kind of mounting as that touches into taxidermy which requires a license. I just do da bugz. I should print that on my cards :laugh:

7. bulldog4949

bulldog4949 "Mounting your Memories"

Don't want to undercut...then charge atleast $100.

Kathy likes this.
  8. I charge $200 for beetle cleaned, degreased and whitened. Basic wall or table top mount included.

9. $150 includes basic wallmount

10. MattHCT

MattHCT New Member

$175 deer on plaque and $200 antlope on plaque

11. You gotta go by whats around you - prices will vary too much. WT euros only cost 65 bucks here.

12. Jeff.

Jeff. New Member

I usually charge $110 for just the antlered skull cleaning/whitening, plus $50 for oak and $60 for walnut plaques.
    Antelope is $140 for just skull cleaning/whitening, plus the $50 or $60 for plaque.

Dang problem is, the last few have wanted custom plaques made, so it's costing me at least $50 for the plaques, so I'm not profiting there lately.

13. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

$150 mounted on a $5 piece of driftwood, pedestal is $175 mounted on an $8 piece of driftwood. Add $25 to both prices for antelope

socalmountainman likes this.
  14. Better check with your state wildlife folks. If you are doing them for money, you may need a license. In NC, if you are doing them for a friend as a favor, no problem but if you are charging, you need a taxidermy license.

15. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

I did one last year for a guy from Rolfe for $150. I would think Ft. Dodge could bring even higher prices than that.

16. RDMARTIN53

RDMARTIN53 Active Member

OK...coming from the 4th largest State in the U.S. with less than 1 million in population and in my neck of the woods is 75.00 for whitetail or antelope with a wire hanger in the back......done right too!

17. I woulda hoped so, but no. Only guy in the yellow pages does them for 65, I called to ask to see what I should charge, haha. Also depends if they call around I s'pose.

18. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

I've got a local guy in the yellow pages doing deer for $195, but that doesn't keep me from charging nearly $500.

19. I charge $200 for cleaned, degreased and whitened with a 3d hanger my friend designed, $250 on a flat plaque, $275 on a 3d shelf type plaque, and I get as many as I want to handle every year, even though there are cheaper taxidermists 60 miles away. Quality work = repeat customers bringing friends!

20. I'm also not a taxidermist, just a skull cleaner. I just clean my buddies skulls and their friends/relatives is all......for now.