1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What to charge for European mount?

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by dasmoofler, Nov 2, 2009.

1. EastonWest

EastonWest What we do in North Dakota, STAYS here.

boy i may need to raise my prices. lol $70 for deer and antelope. $50 more if they want a plaque.

2. hamman

hamman SKULL AND BONES TAXIDERMY

I beetle clean, degrease and whiten for $100, if you want a plaque with stand its another $50 and if you want it camo dipped its another $70 on top of that. Suprisingly to me the camo skulls is what everyone has said that they want. I haven't got any heads in hand yet but I have a fellow deer processor that I took a few road kill euros to to show off what I can do and he has 8 heads waiting in his freezer for me last I talked to him. That over $1000 gross that I will bring in just by putting 2 euros out on display at a buddys business!
    If you really want to get some business find some local deer processors and a couple antlered euros and get them in their facilities if at all possible. Offer the processor %10 or %15 of what ever service you sell to their customers. you will be suprised how much business you will get this fall/winter.

3. runingun

runingun New Member

Dang! I'm charging $85 right now and comes mounted on a solid Oak panel.This is my first year and next year it will be $100 or $125 for sure.This is in GA.

4. holy crap I charge $75 to macerate, degrease, and whiten in peroxide then I attach to an old piece of barnwood time for an increase

5. bulldog4949

bulldog4949 "Mounting your Memories"

I am at $140, with no plaque

6. DeeCee

DeeCee New Member

I'm at $150 with a plaque.

7. AFWS

AFWS The lost Robertson

X2,I was $100 then seen how much of a pain it was :eek:

8. hamman

hamman SKULL AND BONES TAXIDERMY

Most hunters I talk to around here seem to get a little nervous if you charge LESS than $100 for something to be done in ANY taxidermy work. In central NC $200 for cleaning, degreasing, whitening, putting it on a plaque AND camoed is about all that they are willing to pay. Around here if you get them to $200 they start talking about sending it to get a full shoulder mount done. Keeping your price at a little better than half of the going rate for shoulder mounts in your area is how I would price most of my work. I can't argue with them, if I was less than $100 away from a full shoulder mount I would go with the shoulder mount as well. I preferr shoulder mounts on the deer that I kill but I won't shoot a buck unless he is worthy of spending $400+ on to get a shoulder mount. I am just glad every hunter ain't like me, i would be out of business lol!!

9. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

Deer Euros....

$200 here in sunny Arizona, no plaque.

:)

Kerby...

10. Whitetail and antelope $100 cleaned, degreased and whitened with a plaque $150 here in Idaho

11. BeetleBoxWNY

BeetleBoxWNY New Member

I charge $75 for prep, beetle, and whiten.

12. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    This thread is 9 years old and you are still charging less than they did then. Things that make you go HMM?

bucksco80 and GWebb like this.
  13. socalmountainman

socalmountainman Northwestern School of Taxidermy - Class of '73

... yup. Here we go again. 5 pages of pricing up and down the scale.....

If you are not in the business and you are not making a living at it and you do NOT plan on doing anyone else's but his one, then charge what you think is right for you.

Make it clear you only do his ONE for that price and only for him.

14. Randy

Randy Huntin Chamios on Mount Cook, New Zealand

$200 for deer euro and $250 for euro on a plaque. I dont mean to offend anyone but some of the prices on this question are crazy low. I am in Oregon.

15. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

Nothing more fun than a 10 year old thread! There are many people here that do them for $50 with a homemade panel. I went in a different direction to attract skull customers...hydrodipping. Then, some ding-a-ling comes up with this thing of dipping them in a bucket of water with a bunch of paint sprayed in it...and they totally look like sh!t to me! Our beetle cleaned and hydrodipped skulls are $195 on an attractive piece of western cedar. We do dozens of them annually.

16. Triple J Taxidermy

Triple J Taxidermy Active Member

Yep that paint dipped looks like shit! I tried it once, wont fool with it again.

17. Racks n Plaques

Racks n Plaques New Member

OR the quick turn around spray painted white skull not degreased for $130 drives me nuts.