1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

New Product - No More Propane boiling of Deer skull for European Mount

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by EastTXhunterinWestTX, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Uncle Harley

Uncle Harley New Member

LOOK UP! It's the one you just fell out of........I believe hot plates are already patented. And there aint no way in hell I'd pay the thousands of dollars for a patient for a $100 dollar product when you can make your own for under $20 LOL

2. Uncle Harley

Uncle Harley New Member

where is your patent? LOL

http://www.google.com/patents?q=Trey%27s+buck+boiler&btnG=Search+Patents

3. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

Looks like a cooked skull to me. Wonder if that grease is gonna come out or if it's set for good.

4. Uncle Harley

Uncle Harley New Member

x2 I'd like to see one whitened after words

5. cyclone

cyclone Posts: 400001

After what words?

6. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

LOL

Sorry Harley (I needed that laugh)

7. Uncle Harley

Uncle Harley New Member

always glad to help! LMAO the scary thing is part of my job description is checking peoples paper work for spelling and grammar errors, so I proof read all day and have no desire to do so here ;D

8. Heck

Heck Active Member

Ok...CRAZY! LMAO!!!

This whole hot plate, hotter boiled water, matter of minutes method............" we can't do this all day, but if you order now, we'll throw in"....... "You following me camera guy.."LMAO!!! :D :D :D

9. J. Wayne

J. Wayne New Member

Well I might be the dumbass that hit all the limbs on the way down. I bought one on EBay for $62 plus $12.50 shipping. Got it in yesterday and I'm trying it out right now. I am new to taxidermy so I skinned out my heads to practice turning the lips, eyes, and ears. Figure I could get some practice in. Hope the Buck Boiler works out. I will let you know soon.

10. paul e

paul e New Member

what happened to the guy posting about this

i guess hes gone

maybe he coudnt resist and just had to touch the water again lol

11. Icarus

Icarus Something Witty

"Jee, lets ignore years of experience from Taxidermists and BOIL THESE HEER HEADS!"

Stand aside people, I think the whole damn tree is coming down now ::)

12. J. Wayne

J. Wayne New Member

I did one in the Buck Boiler. Seemed to work ok. Gonna let it dry and then try to whiten. Will post some pics when I get time. By the way I didn't touch the water

13. Icarus

Icarus Something Witty

I'll give you a quarter if you touch it :D

14. I had to check the link after reading all the comment but, the ebay link has been removed!

15. J. Wayne

J. Wayne New Member

I did three this weekend. They did good but still need to be whitened a bit. If I could figure out how to post a picture on here I would put one on here.

I went to EBay and did a search for "Buck Boiler". There were several on there today.

16. RumRunner

RumRunner Nicholas Dugas, (337) 205-1269

why... WHY do people bring back long dead threads? LOL

17. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

So you can ask why.

18. RumRunner

RumRunner Nicholas Dugas, (337) 205-1269

I tell ya, there are out there doing that JUST to piss me off ;D ::)

19. FeatherHorn

FeatherHorn New Member

FYI, if you live in an area where there are high mineral contents in your water do not use the buck boiler. it will cause rust in the water that will settle on your skulls and stain them orange!