1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Another side to "CATCHING AIR" ,the CLOSEST thing to the REAL DEAL

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by AFWS, Nov 14, 2009.

1. AFWS

AFWS The lost Robertson

Got bored so I decided to try to improve (*) "CATCHING AIR" ;D this is what I come up with ;D little MORE playing around and I'm going FULL SCALE with a deer and bobcat.Should be a jaw dropper in my showroom ;D can you find where it's attached? ;D

Attached Files:

2. I would have to say the areas where you did the photo retouch is where it's attached.

3. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

4. AFWS

AFWS The lost Robertson

::) well it looked like wires,so I had to do something :-\ guess it didn't work to good :'( here's what I mean ::)

Attached Files:

5. Jason O

Jason O New Member

i think * also teaches photography (photochopping)

6. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Yep, looks like * has some bonified competition! See ya the WTC. Now just go BIGGER!!
  7. Ahhhhh.

No smoke and mirrors.

8. lol, hey you didnt alter that form! no sawzall no catching air....
  9. AFWS

AFWS The lost Robertson

??? What's that mean?
  10. BVanKirk

BVanKirk package deal

11. BVanKirk

BVanKirk package deal

dont worry about it cupcake.
  12. AFWS

AFWS The lost Robertson

Well this cupcake is worrying ;D cause he said NO smoke and mirrors ??? and THERE IS A MIRROR ::) the PHOTO RETOUCH was the edge of the mirror ;) ::)
  13. That's right:
    No smoke

Get it????? Mirrors,,,, Mirror,,,, on the wall. Who's the cutest cupcake of them all????
  14. rj9289

rj9289 Buck the system, be an individual, be who you are.

this thread confuses me...
  15. BVanKirk

BVanKirk package deal

you're not alone
  16. Nice trick... I've thought about that myself but haven't had the time to experiment.... Is it Plexi? or tempered?
  17. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Hey AFWS,

Here ya go! Enjoy!

18. AFWS

AFWS The lost Robertson

You just LOST me on that one ??? Is there different kind of MIRRORS ? if so I don't know what it is(just some we had laying around) ::) in the pic the squirrel form is sitting on a 12" piece of MIRROR,when mounting a critter you would just cover your RODS with the MIRROR ;) just seeing if the IDEA would actually WORK, before I screwed up TWO mounts.
  19. Ok well Mirror would work but you would always see a reflection that would give it away. like your shoe, yourself or a strange chunk of ground.... BUT If you Dropped the rods and balanced them on a Piece of super clear Plexi or Tempered Glass you would see thru it to what ever was behind. Not just a reflection in a mirror... Which is fine when you can stage a mount on a background like grass... Obviously the glass could not support a Lifesize elk or moose, but it would be more than adequate for your squirrel.