1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Ear tear

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by jbb, Nov 17, 2009.

1. jbb

jbb New Member

Had a guy save me a buck to practice on an he tagged it by putting the tag thru his ear. When I tried to split it, I tore both front and back of ear about an inch. Any suggestions? the tear was thru the middle of ear

2. Jim L

Jim L New Member

Needle and thread

3. Uncle Harley

Uncle Harley New Member

Easy fix first what is your plan of attack? Are you using ear liner? If so use a good epoxy adhesive and simply clue them in place and taxi the hole close and clean up touch up with epoxy sculpt once dry if need be and paint. If you are using bondo you will have to sew or super gue together with a dryer sheet I would recomend a dryer sheet on the front side and just sew the back where the hair is thicker. and as always any visible signs of a repair from the outside can be touched up with epoxy and painted when dry.

4. MattHCT

MattHCT New Member

X2 what Harley said. But if your using liners and epoxy be sure to have some acetone and a rag on hand to wipe off any epoxy that may ooze through the hole and get on the hair.

5. Uncle Harley

Uncle Harley New Member

lol yeah I guess with a simple question like this on ear repair I probably should have expanded a little on "clean up" I forget sometimes that some of these things don't come as easily to other people.

6. jbb

jbb New Member

Th
    Thanks to everyone. this sight is awesome

7. MattHCT

MattHCT New Member

Harley. I wasn't trying to pick apart your advice :) LOL. When I was first starting out. I learned that the hard way. LMAO.

8. Uncle Harley

Uncle Harley New Member

LOL no no you are fine I was thanking you because I forgot to expand and didn't want him to make the same screw ups we all did LOL

9. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

I think you need a new cape.