1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Pennsylvania State Taxidermy & Wildlife Art Championships 2010

Discussion in 'Convention Information' started by Ken Edwards, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Re: Pennsylvania Taxidermy Association getting great PR from Seven Springs PA>

I hate you all!!!!!!!!!!

2. BVanKirk

BVanKirk package deal

Re: Pennsylvania Taxidermy Association getting great PR from Seven Springs PA>

hahaha awww thats mean

3. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Freakin cry baby.

4. Re: Pennsylvania Taxidermy Association getting great PR from Seven Springs PA>

Eat me redcat!!!!!!!!!

5. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

You'd like that wouldn't you,,,,, you freak :D

6. Lisa M

Lisa M Swing like no one is watching...lol

I'll buy the memory chip for Mike to take digital pics of this...;D :p

I seriously am so excited I can't even stand myself. It's ONLY 2 MONTHS FROM RIGHT NOWWWWW!!!!!!! YAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!! Oh wait...TWO WHOLE MONTHS?!?!? Gad that's forever if I think about it. :( :'( <sigh> But...it's ONLY 2 months! YAY!!!!

Tricia...I'll wear your sparklies if you take home some of my catchers. I am not a jewelery girl, but I'd be glad to literally sell the necklace off my neck for you if some woman wants to buy it! ;)

7. Tricia

Tricia New Member

I know what ya mean, Lisa. Two months can be looked at in two different ways. Either it's too far away, cause dammit I need to get away NOW. Or it's not enough time to get everything done, we'll be pushing it getting ready.

On an up note....we have a WHITE CHRISTMAS. 2" and it's still comging down. Should get a couple more inches out of this. WooHoo! I love snow. We don't get enough of it, it's usually ice we end up getting. :-\ And power outages.

Speaking of which...Merry Christmas, ya'll. ;D I got my Christmas wish. My daughter is moving back in with us. She'll be completely moved in next month, but she stayed with us last night. I can't wait for her to wake up so I can watch her open her gifts. Yup, it's a very good day so far.

8. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Don't look forward to it hun. :D

9. BVanKirk

BVanKirk package deal

omg only 2 months away??

10. Shane R.

Shane R. Member

I believe my girlfriend and I are going to drive out there from the Philadelphia area. I figured it would be an awesome experience as well as a great place for a greenhorn like me to go and see some of these beautiful mounts and learn some valuable knowledge. Up to this point I have just been lurking, reading and trying to soak up as many tips as possible in my venture into taxidermy. BTW, just got a nice shipment from WASCO, it was like Christmas all over again!!! Can any of you tell me how these shows tend to run as far as vendors, seminars etc. I have never been to one and was wondering where I might find some info. Thanks.

Shane

11. Re: Pennsylvania Taxidermy Association getting great PR from Seven Springs PA>

Check out the Pennsylvania Taxidermy Association web site and it will have a complete list of the scheduled events. If you have never been to one this is a great one to go to....you will love it and learn so much...also if you need any products have the vendors bring it with them to the show and save shipping cost.

12. RATTRAP

RATTRAP Don't laugh, deer think my head is an acorn!

The vendors typically have discounted pricing at the show as well.

13. MIKEO-PA

MIKEO-PA Mike and Jen Olszanowski, pa

we are right outside philly! do you have a shop or are you a hobbist? see you there.

14. Shane R.

Shane R. Member

I am literally just getting started. I would like to someday have a shop, but that would definately be down the road at some point. I am a beginner in the fullest sense of the word lol.

Shane

15. MIKEO-PA

MIKEO-PA Mike and Jen Olszanowski, pa

well i hope you have fun learning. good luck and we might run into you at the show. (look for Mike and Jen Olszanowski...mike is low key and we both are a little on the quiet side, so stop to talk to us if you see our name tags.)

16. Re: Pennsylvania Taxidermy Association getting great PR from Seven Springs PA>

I have never been to a show/convention either. I was wondering if most people bring their wife/husband, and or children? I want to make the plans to come this year, I just printed my PTA app. tonight, sending it in tomorrow. My wife and son (12yrs old) want to come with me, my son wants to come for the taxidermy, my wife wants to come to ski..... I'm torn. Thank you for any info.....I am also a little "shy"......however my wife is not.

17. Shane R.

Shane R. Member

Sounds great, I will definately stop by to say hello!

Shane

18. Eric C.

Eric C. New Member

I Just got off the phone with the Seven Springs reservation office. The $99.00 a night rooms at the resort ARE GONE, none available. Now if you want a condo/suite for $200.00+ a night, they still have those. So much for the February 10th cut off date. Reluctantly, I was able to get a room in Somerset, PA which is 11 miles / 30 minutes away?(according to google) Better hurry though, those are also limited, but much more inexpensive from $45.00 - $89.00. GREAT, JUST GREAT!!!

19. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

I just called also, a one bedroom condo for 2 nights is $587.00 plus tax wasn't sure if I could go, snooze you lose.lol

20. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

If anyone needs to cancell and cant make it let me know and I will refund your deposit. We reserved a room also in Somersett just in case.