1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Lutan F and Tanning Crystals

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by jhawk, Sep 19, 2006.

1. jhawk

jhawk My second job.

For some reason I can't tap into the old archives, cause I'm sure this has been discussed many times. I currently use tanning crystals with Kwik-N-Eze in an auto tanner. Is Lutan F a better method? Can you use it in the tanner? What would be a good recipe for Lutan F and Kwik-N-Eze or EZ-100? Thanks to all replies!

2. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

I mix the Lutan to the instructions, put it in the auto tanner. Run it 5 to 6 hours @ 50 # is fine for me.

I have tried the crystals that came with the machine, and am not impressed.
    I have tried ez100 in the tanner and gotten marginal results, there is a trick to using it in the A/T. I like the way ez100 looks when it comes out, great leather, but I had trouble with the hair being loose and Bruce recommended to run the tanner only 5 minutes of each hour. But I had the same problem with it in a static tan. Others love the stuff.
    And I like the Lutan best. Hardly loose a hair. I learned on Lutan and wanted to try others because of the fine things I hear about them, and I always go back to what works for me. Why do I even try? I should just stick with what works for me.

3. Frank E. Kotula

Frank E. Kotula master, judge, instructor

EZ-100
    1oz.
    1gallon of water
    8oz. salt