1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Pickle

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by broadhead, Sep 19, 2006.

1. broadhead

broadhead New Member

I'm just curious to see what the best pickle and tan that people are using together. Will several people let me know what they are using?

2. oldterryr

oldterryr Terry's in Heaven with no worries at all.

krowtann for everything mountable

3. Bryan113

Bryan113 New Member

Just did a buffalo shoulder mount using Krowwtan. Came out very nice. Soaked it for 6 days.

4. huntingfool

huntingfool Member

My pickle contains one pound of salt and 1/2 ounce of saftee acid to every gallon of water. As far as tanning, never used anything else but McKensie brush on, I like to leave that on overnight. There are other good tanning agents out there, just never used any of them.
    Bill

5. saftee acid pickkle that also has bascal s flakes in it as per Bruce Rittels recipe and then tan with EZ 100 or EZ tan which ever it is. Have used Lutan with equal results just like Bruces stuff a little better due to durability and longevity at least potentialy

6. EJ

EJ Proud Member of: Unaffiliated, Free Agent

Copied Bill's because I do it the same way.

My pickle contains one pound of salt and 1/2 ounce of saftee acid to every gallon of water. As far as tanning, never used anything else but McKenzie brush on, I like to leave that on overnight.