1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

My 1st pike

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by jigginjim, Nov 20, 2009.

1. jigginjim

jigginjim Active Member

This is my 1st pike after doing classes.[​IMG][/img] [​IMG][/img] [​IMG][/img] [​IMG][/img]
    Customer requested curves going both ways, and mouth open as big as I could with it looking OK. The customer also provided his own drift. The mount was going to face out away from the wall more but would not fit drift correct. Wood came 3weeks after fish dried.

2. Bill4bass

Bill4bass New Member

I believe I would have attempted to talk the customer out of having the mouth open that much. It looks very unnatural and takes away from the overall impression of the mount. Just my opinion!

3. KAMoHunter

KAMoHunter Proud member of the WVTA

no real detail shots there to say one way or the other with that fish. however i agree thatthe mouth is definitely the down fasll of the fish. you got it a nit to big.

4. jigginjim

jigginjim Active Member

The pike was done for an 8 yr old boy, He wanted it open like that, I suggested not so much but you give the customer what they like. I hope these may help. In the first group is a photo looking down from above, I craved the form with double direction curves. The dad thought it was super as did the boy that caught the fish. Sorry I didn't get any closer photos, didn't want photos to look so yellow from my flash. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]