1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Skinning room

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by AOTaxi, Nov 20, 2009.

1. AOTaxi

AOTaxi She's a keeper!

I just finished pouring concrete 2 hours ago for the addition on my shop, I added a 10' X 14' room that I am going to use for skinning, fleshing, and salting. When I built my shop I made a hay barn area off the side so there are three existing walls that are stuccoed, that are now going to be interior walls in the room,

My question is, as far as airflow, ie. windows, heating, ventalation and what not, what have you all found to work best for an area like this. I just need to frame in the outside wall and am wondering if I should put in a window and a door or just a window??

let me know your thoughts
    Thanks
    AO

2. Sikk

Sikk Member

well for me,these are what I would like . I work out of my 1 1/2 car gararge and I find these problems. First I live in NW Illinois. I would like the ability to control temperature and humidity, I can not, I need more light, two windows and a light bulb are not enough, the floor should be sealed so its easier to clean and sanitize, the walls should be washable as well, and I wish I had a floor drain. Of course I never have enough electric outlets, portable lights, tools etc, the one thing I can do is lock it up tight to discourage antler theft, oh, and my wife would like the Jeep back in the garage a little more often, goodluck paul

3. AOTaxi

AOTaxi She's a keeper!

I had the same situation til a year ago when I built my shop, now it is to small, hence the room addition.

4. navajo

navajo New Member

Utah
    definatley put a door in also. you never know what your next upgrade will be. easier to put in new then reconstruct later

5. Install an exhaust fan to pull air from the heated side of your shop into the saltroom and out. this will help your hides dry faster and reduce moisture build up.

A simple bathroom fan will work great... Just enough to keep the air moving..