1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Week in Fish Pictures" ~Year 4~ Week # 4-5

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Nov 22, 2009.

1. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

The Week in Fish Pictures" ~Year 4~ Week # 4-5

Week #4-5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Warm welcome form Hinsdale New Hampshire!!!!! Sorry for the delay in getting the week in fish pictures up. I wish all of you a safe and happy Thanksgiving! It is the time of the year we as families typically get together to enjoy the day of the Bird and reminisce over the lives we have spent. Around this time I go back over they years as it is now an look at the week in fish pictures from week 1 up to now. It is nothing short of amazing to see the beautiful work and to really take notice how the advancements and the talent level gets improved week after week. I truly love to take notice of the improvements in some individuals from when they first posted a fish picture to know!!! Incredible!!! Please have a a safe and joyful day with your families and if your family are not near know that you are thought of warmly with mine and so many others right here!

I want to personally say thank you for letting me join you every week in your successes and accomplishments! I have seen first hand the great strides so many have made with beautiful fish work! Good for you and congratulations on your hard work!!!!

Let's start of the week recognizing those who shared their wonderful work with all of us! Thanks for all the beautiful fish work in this past weeks this week in fish pictures!

I want to thank all of the great contributors who really show not only great talent and work but rather give such inspiration to all of us!

A great week Fishheads!!!!!
    From beginner's to the best in the world we all join in every week in a critique free and hassle free string with nothing more then great artist and inspiring fish taxidermist and carves get together to share with one another their praise and inspiration of good will and friendship to one another.

I would like to start this week with a few Simple skin mounted Largemouth Bass this is Thanksgiving week with an effort of fish work done by Anglers Artistry. This Bass effort was done with lots of thanks of friendship for the owners of these fish! I gave my self a few hours a piece to paint these fish as part of an upcoming Magazine article for taxidermy today. I sure hope you enjoy the Largemouth Bass!!

I sure hope you enjoy this work!

So here goes!

I hope you enjoy the week!

So with out further ado let's get week # 4-5 under way.

So here we go and here is to a great week in fish pictures!!!! # 4-5 Enjoy!

My Best!

You're Friend
    Rick Krane

A few skin mounted Largemouth Bass!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A close up of the head with some Still life custom eyes!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are a few close up of scale shots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My Best!

You're Friend
    Rick Krane

Rick Krane
    Anglers Artistry
    312 Chesterfield Road
    Hinsdale, New Hampshire 03451
    Office 603-336-7296
    Email [email protected]
    Web www.anglersartistry.com

2. Kevin Halle

Kevin Halle Well-Known Member

Love them Bass Rick!

3. SICK!!!!!!!! Rick those LMB's are sick man! I love the blues!!!!! Nice job bro!!!!!!

4. KAMoHunter

KAMoHunter Proud member of the WVTA

i vote for...... the same thing as travis..... wicked sick.... course what else would you expect from the man himself

5. Very nice Rick! here is my first metal bass! and Pompano

Attached Files:

6. Bill4bass

Bill4bass New Member

What a great looking bunch of Bass. Those closeups of the scale detail are unbelievable!!!!!! Nice metal Bass and Pompano, also!!!

7. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

Very cool start. Good job Rick.

Those metal fish are amazing!! I always enjoy looking at them.

8. dsmithgall

dsmithgall New Member

WOW... what a great start... I am with Trav on this one... Sick is a good word........

9. KAMoHunter

KAMoHunter Proud member of the WVTA

i have 5 fish tanning as we speak... hopeully here before too long i will actually have something to contribute. here's a few i have done... i dont think i have posted eiother of these yet since they were finished. a lake guntersville largemouth and a walnut creek PA steelie. ps i stink at the photography i need to look up the tutorial on this. anywho here you go.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. IAtaxi

IAtaxi Member

[​IMG]

A couple reproductions.

11. UFD

UFD New Member

Rick, great looking LMBs – I’m having a hard time trying to pick a favorite! And snakeawave, those are some of the neatest metal fish I have seen you do so far! 8)

Here are a couple Steelhead that I recently finished, one is a skin mount and the other is replica, both about 38” or so:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also wish everyone a safe and Happy Thanksgiving! :)

12. Wow Nice fish so far this week.

Here is one from this week from me.
    Skin mount largemouth bass.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Happy Thanksgiving everyone and travel safe this week.

13. Manny

Manny New Member

Beautiful fish Jknuth ;D

I haven't done a skinmount in over a year. Maybe after I get some of these deerheads out of the way I'm gonna do a skinmount. I have been concentrating on replicas so much I have absolutely ignored the skinmount.

Definitely an art in itself ;D Great job !

14. Kevin Halle

Kevin Halle Well-Known Member

Red Oscar...skin mount!

Attached Files:

15. srholmes30

srholmes30 Living each and every day

Hi,Great looking fish,Love those bass Rick.
    Scott.

16. Sarmite

Sarmite Active Member

LV
    my first CatFish complete :) Skinmount
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. hambone

hambone Active Member

Good presentation on the catfish, the plaque and head go together nicely, not an easy mount to pull off.

18. Thanks for the comments !!Dave your fish are truly inspirational ,josh love the colors in the Bass,and that oscar is very Cool!!

19. AnglingArtisan

AnglingArtisan Well-Known Member

Nice work everyone.
    Dave and Josh...you guys got the sickness! :eek:

19" Black Crappie
    Blank by: Bev's Fish Creations

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. of

of New Member

Hello everybody,
    it´s quite a time I posted my last mount. So here is my first atlantic salmon spring/summer-color replica, custom cast (thanks to red stag who helped me out with a tail, because it was missing when I molded the salmon, thank you Ollie!!!!). Hard to post after UFD´s steelhead. Great job everybody else.
    Greetings from Germany

Oliver

Attached Files: