1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Wolf Experts please look.

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by a.larosae, Nov 22, 2009.

1. a.larosae

a.larosae One mind, any weapon.

Is this a Wolf or a Coyote? I was told it was a Canadian Wolf but, I'm not sure if it is one. They say it is 76 inches

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. B.S.O'Hare

B.S.O'Hare Member

sure looks like a coyote to me

3. A coyote. Pretty, but not a wolf.

4. jsbirds

jsbirds I think I can, I think I can...

Coyote

5. Wolfwoman

Wolfwoman $90 for your fur made into trapper hat or mitts!

Looks like a coyote, and I've had more than a few 76" yotes come thru here, but I've also had more than a few small wolves that look like that. I'd need a close up of the face/nose to be more sure, and I see there are no feet on it?

6. nibjones

nibjones Join your States Taxidermy Assoc.

Yote

7. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    It's a Wolf ... just look at the size of that nose pad. Coyotes have much finer features. The ears on this skin -- from what I can see -- appear much shorter than those of the Coyote. Also, take note of how wide and heavy looking the muzzle is. I'd say it's a female Wolf ... not as big as the male, but still a beautiful animal all the same! ;)

John.

8. WILD BROOKIES

WILD BROOKIES JOIN EBTJV SAVE A RESOURCE

easiest way to tell is by the feet small =coyote/ large=wolf

9. Wolfwoman

John, that's why I was asking for a close up of the face, the pics are too far away for my poor eyesight to see that! And better pics of the ears would be most helpful too!

10. i think its a wolf

11. Wolfwoman

It's an ebay listing....
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Wolf-pelt-Complete-no-paws-76-TAXIDERMY-HIDE_W0QQitemZ220514811090QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3357b4fcd2#ht_646wt_1165

12. The head says wolf... Body says wolf..

13. Bangle

Bangle New Member

I'm going with wolf too. Doesnt look like a yote at all to me except for the slight saddle. The face is white too, which is much more common in wolves.

14. jsbirds

jsbirds I think I can, I think I can...

The tip of the tail really looks like a coyote

15. Bangle

Bangle New Member

So...you're basing your verdict on the black tip of the tail...and nothing else? lol...okay...

16. people can confuse wolfs and yotes easily if you don't work with the skins alot. They can have the same colorations, Here is some photos

wolf
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

They can have the same colors so people can confuse easily, But i am going with wolf because... how many yotes are 76 inches long, are that color and have such a big snout

17. Wolfwoman

Lots of yotes are 76" long, at least I've gotten quite a few, and most of them are that color. I saved the pic tho and looked at the nose and it is rather large, so I think this is a small wolf.

18. lol if you are getting yotes that color then i want one LOL

19. Wolfwoman

They're not plushable!! lol

20. Bangle

Bangle New Member

X2 to leopard paws...i want a coyote that lightly marked too. Hook us up Bonnie. :p lol